Cloud Operations Engineer 1
Jamf | 410 - Cloud Operations | Sydney, New South Wales
The Cloud Operations Engineer I is a part of the global Cloud Operations team within Cloud & Delivery and works with other Cloud Operations Engineers, SysAdmins, Security Operations Engineers and other departments such as Support and Customer Success. In this role they provide installation, monitoring, tuning, backup, recovery, and issue resolution for the Linux-based cloud infrastructure used in delivering Jamf technologies and services to our customers.
Top priorities for Cloud Operations Engineers are: 1) responding to and resolving alerts. 2) Handling, working and resolving cases (service requests). All Cloud Operations Engineers are responsible for maintaining operation of the environment in accordance with processes, procedures that support our Security, Compliance requirements as well as our service level agreements.
- Respond, acknowledge, resolve and successfully close alerts.
- Work cases (service requests) that support our customers needs for such things as scheduled maintenance, upgrades, IP white listing, Product Issue workarounds, etc.
- Participate in patching, mass upgrades and other planned maintenance activities.
- Monitor Linux system, database, and network performance to detect problems early and respond within an SLA
- Effectively triage emergent situations, and resolve or escalate incidents in accordance with an SLA
- Monitor software and network security on team managed servers and networks
- Configure and maintain server auditing and network monitoring tools
- Develop and implement performance tuning steps for application, system, and network configurations
- Provide solutions and direction to customer issues via phone or email in a timely and professional manner
- Maintain and expand technical documentation of processes and procedures
- Follow our processes and procedures, follow up on any compliance related needs related to your work which may also include providing evidence for our annual compliance audits
- Participate in a 24x7 on-call rotation
- Participate in system administration duties for cloud-based server infrastructure
- Perform light programming/scripting tasks in Bash, PHP, and Python. Some rotational duties within Cloud Operations Engineering may be assigned as appropriate depending on business needs and skill set.
- Develop and maintain an advanced level of knowledge of Jamf products
- Other duties and special projects as assigned
- Performs all job responsibilities in alignment with the core values, mission and purpose of the organization
- Adheres to the highest moral, ethical and legal standards to deliver an environment that promotes respect, innovation and creativity
- Supports and promotes a positive, inclusive workplace one in which the talents and strengths of our increasingly diverse workforce are welcomed, further developed and manifested in our work
- 4 year / Bachelor's Degree (Preferred, a combination of relevant experience and education may be considered)
- < 2 Years experience in an IT operations environment (Required)
- < 2 Years Systems Administration experience, on any platform (Required)
- < 2 Years experience working with Linux/Unix command line interfaces, including shell scripting (Required)
- General Experience managing priorities and responding effectively to emergent incidents both independently and with a team (Required)
- AWS Experience (preferred)
- Strong Communication Skills
- Excellent Interpersonal Skills
- Excellent Organizational Skills
- Ability to communicate complex technical terms in an easy to understand, non-technical manner
- Self-starter, energetic multi-tasker, highly motivated and team player
- Ability to engage with and establish trust and rapport with all levels of customers and employees
- Apple Platform
- Network diagnostic skills
- Ability to adapt and solve challenges quickly and efficiently
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
Location: Sydney, AUS
Job Type: Full Time
Education: 4 year / Bachelor's Degree (Preferred, a combination of relevant experience and education may be considered)
Supervisor: Cloud Operations Supervisor