CentralSquare Technologies | Development | High Point, NC
CentralSquare is looking for UI designers who are passionate problem solvers interested in shaping the future of public safety software. Ideal candidates will possess a balance of disciplined visual design and technical problem-solving skills. This role will communicate and present to key stakeholders regarding user needs and their respective design solutions. UI designers collaborate with Product Management, Customer Support, Business Analysts, Product Analysts and Software Engineers to ensure their designs meet business objectives.
· Develop and maintain detailed user-interface specifications and design patterns.
· Work with developers to implement designs/prototypes into code.
· Create user-centered designs by considering customer feedback, usability findings, and stakeholder requirements.
· Work closely with cross-functional teams to develop product requirements and deliver features.
· Present design work to various teams including Product, Engineering, Design and stakeholders for review and feedback.
· Actively participate in improving cross-functional and Design team processes and procedures.
· Excellent understanding of graphic design fundamentals (typography, color theory, layout, etc.) with a desire to learn and educate others.
· Extreme attention to detail (pragmatic pixel-level sensitivity).
· Strong working knowledge of HTML/CSS.
· At least 2 years of experience as an interaction designer.
· A strong track record of iterative design, working closely with customers, peers, developers, and product managers from inception through implementation.
· Ability to drive the design review cycle and close on design requirements independently.
· Ability to clearly communicate design problems and solutions to cross-functional teams and stakeholders.
· Portfolio required showing examples of work demonstrating experience with highly transactional and/or complex workflow design and development.
· Bachelor's degree in design, human-computer interaction (HCI), or equivalent professional experience.