Senior System Architect (AWS)
Cvent | Technology | Tysons Corner, VA
Cvent is looking for a Senior System Architect to join our Cloud Operations team. This team and position supports our mission critical customer facing SaaS infrastructure that the business depends on. Our infrastructure is hosted in traditional data centers and AWS with more and more going to AWS every day.
What You Will Be Doing
- Be a problem solver. Be able to understand complicated infrastructure, make recommendations to solve issues. Simplify existing systems or methods. Enhance our availability and stability.
- Build and create processes for others to follow for systems monitoring, alerting, building, maintenance, and failure situations.
- Research technology to keep us current
- This is a senior role on our team and other team members will look to you for your experience and guidance. Our team is very talented, intelligent, fun, and international. As an architect, you may implement the design or a prototype and then hand it off to another team member to actually put in place with your guidance.
What You Need for this Position
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technologies or related field
- Experience with a SaaS platform
- Experience with modern operating systems and automating repetitive tasks
- Windows and Linux operating systems.
- Troubleshooting "priority 1" or "tier 3" issues within the infrastructure.
- Running infrastructure in a hybrid model in both traditional data centers and AWS
- Task automation using scripts and/or tools.
- Consuming and making resources available responsibly and within a budget.
- Putting security first - work with our Security teams to ensure solutions are secure and data stays confidential.
- Working with vendors, make the best use of their products and support.