Commercial Sales Director, West
Ping Identity | Sales (6100) | Denver, CO
At Ping Identity, we're changing the way people think about enterprise security technology. With our innovative Identity Defined Security platform, we're helping to build a borderless world where people have total freedom to work wherever and however they want. Without friction. Without fear.
We're headquartered in Denver, Colorado, and we have offices and employees around the globe. And we serve the largest, most demanding enterprises worldwide, including over half of the Fortune 100. Because even in the most complex enterprise environments, security shouldn't be a source of anxiety. It should be one of your greatest competitive advantages.
We call this digital freedom. And it's not just something we provide our customers. It's something that drives our company. People don't come here to join a culture that's built on digital freedom. They come to cultivate it.
The Commercial Sales Director is responsible for the leadership of a team of revenue generating Account Managers in an assigned geographic region, as well as a team of Sales Development Representatives. This leader will be assigned a revenue goal and will be responsible for closing business to achieve that goal, for driving customer success, and for go to market planning in the region. We are currently looking for high-energy, driven Sales Director with knowledge of technology and solid business-to-business sales management and account management experience. Ping Identity offers a fast-paced, innovative environment where you will be empowered to lead a team of motivated sellers. Our goal is to build an organization of smart, ambitious employees, committed to our mission and focused on winning, but able to balance this with a respectful, healthy environment and lifestyle.
- Will manage a team of 5-8 commercial sales account managers, and 5-8 sales development reps.
- Will completely own pipeline development, management and forecasting for the region.
- Motivate, manage, and coach the team of account managers and SDRs, develop a strong team of world class sales professionals.
- Hire and oversee on-boarding and continuous training for the team.
- Develop and implement sales strategies to grow the business and hit account acquisition targets.
- Develop and monitor metrics to measure performance and quotas.
- Collaborate with marketing, legal, sales ops, and other sales team to optimize processes and operations.
- Provide weekly activity reports and recommendations.
Achieve weekly and quarterly targets.
- 10+ years of experience in field sales management, preferably in related identity security technology.
- Exposure to or direct leadership experience of an inside sales or SDR team.
- 5+ years of experience as a proven field sales account executive.
- Experience implementing and enforcing sales methodologies.
- Experience creating field sales tools including call scripts, email templates, presentations, etc…
- Metrics orientation – exceptional metric development skills including measurement and optimization and experience managing team to agreed-upon targets.
- A very goal oriented mindset and the ability to set, track and obtain goals.
- Excellent verbal communication, presentation skills, and writing proficiency are mandatory.
- Able to conceive, initiate, and sell new ideas in a team environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills to engage with technical and sales communities with credibility.
- Strong internal/external presentation skills are a must.
- Demonstrates creative energy in message delivery.
- Self-motivated, driven and passionate about selling.