Sr. Implementation Services Manager
CentralSquare Technologies | Professional Services | High Point, NC
The Implementation Services Manager manages and directs the work of a team of Business Analysts, Training Specialists, and other professional staff within the Operations Department on the project implementation activities. This person directs the day-to-day activities of the team within a dynamic environment. The Implementation Services Manager will interact with other management staff within and outside of Operations as well as Project Managers to ensure that the team’s activities support the implementation and revenue goals of the organization. This person is also responsible for implementing the processes, procedures and standards set forth by the Operations organization.
Job Duties Include:
- Ensures projects and tasks are completed on time, on budget and according to the Operations goals and standards.
- Facilitates communication upward and across teams including the status of implementation tasks, team’s utilization, and justification for variances and scheduling/prioritization information.
- In collaboration with other Operations managers, develops processes, procedures and best practices that benefit the implementation efficiency, effectiveness, and success, as well as customer satisfaction.
- Obtains feedback from customers and addresses their concerns related to project implementation tasks.
- Serves as focal point for the project management team on scheduling, status of activities, and resource allocation.
- Ensures that staff is properly trained on the applicable products, as well as implementation steps and processes.
- Ensures that staff follow the defined implementation steps and processes, and the project tasks are completed in accordance to the defined processes and timelines.
- Ensures that the team members meet or exceed the productivity and quality measures set forth by the department.
- Monitors and reports on the key performance indicators for the team.
- Identifies documents and communicates project risks to the Project Manager and works to resolve identified issues independently.
- Performs an active role in Sales activities as a Subject Matter Expert (SME).
- Monitors department budget, approves and/or declines expenses, and makes recommendations for corrective action when needed.
- Manages and meets the revenue and utilization goals for the Implementation Services team.
- Hires, trains, appraises, motivates, disciplines, and/or terminates personnel according to company guidelines. Recommends appropriate compensation considering market data and internal equity. Addresses employee complaints or grievances, utilizing the Human Resources department when needed.
- Provides meaningful feedback to direct reports including annual performance reviews. Works with each direct report to set and achieve short and long-term goals for both direct reports and department staff.
- Identifies training needs of employees and organizes career advancement and progression of staff.
- Serves as a focal point for employee engagement.
- Monitors work environment to ensure company safety guidelines are met and reports unsafe work conditions to the appropriate department head
- Bachelors Degree in Business Administration or Engineering; or equivalent experience
- Business Analysis or PMP certification desired
- Experience in public safety industry very desirable
- Minimum 5 years of management experience required, preferably in an implementation or software environment
- Advanced/Intermediate skills in MS Product Suite – specifically Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, and SharePoint
- Ability to effectively manage multiple projects, priorities, and tasks within a dynamic environment
- Effective communication skills with both technical and non-technical people including clients and vendors. Communication modes include spoken, email, reports, presentations, and procedure manuals.
- Demonstrated understanding of and commitment to software implementation best practices.
- Ability to travel up to 25%