Backend Python Engineer
Numerator | Engineering | Chicago, IL
We are looking for a self-starting engineer with a deep desire to learn and develop upon our receipt transcription and consumer application technology stacks. We currently receives over 300k receipt images per day from our top rated mobile apps, running them through a process that includes computer vision, OCR, machine learning, crowd sourcing, big data ETL, and finally down into our data warehouse. This is an opportunity to jump in and get exposed to all of those technologies while making a meaningful impact on our technology and company.
To help accomplish this goal, you will have the environment to execute on your vision, the tools you need to rapidly iterate through your ideas and a dedicated team to help make you and your work better. In addition to writing quality software, we're looking for individuals who also enjoy designing features, making good product decisions, programming at all levels of the stack, and the wearing of many hats.
- Experience with server-side development, especially Python
- Understanding of general web architecture
- Experience with multithreaded programming
- Experience developing, releasing, and supporting backend code
- Fully comfortable with version control systems
- Excellent problem solving, critical thinking, and communication skills
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.