PowerSchool SIS Deployment Specialist
PowerSchool | Services | CAN - Remote, Alberta
The PowerSchool SIS Deployment Project Manager/Consultant provides leadership for the implementation and deployment of PowerSchool student information systems software. This role has overall responsibility for delivering and supporting the implementation of projects of varying in scope and size to school districts via implementation projects as well as provides detailed application consulting for tailored configuration, data and deployment of PowerSchool SIS Administration. This customer facing position oversees all phases of implementation and consultation projects to ensure accurate and timely completion with high customer satisfaction. Only those with PowerSchool SIS Administration software experience should consider applying. Some travel/customer onsite work required.
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The PowerSchool SIS Deployment Technical Project Manager/Consultant must have extensive expertise administering and/or implementing PowerSchool SIS.
- Serves as project team lead and guides the work of internal and client team while ensuring responsiveness to district needs.Is accountable for overall performance and delivery of defined services scope of work.
- Develops relationships and works with key district and school stakeholders (e.g., program and technical leadership staff) to identify and articulate project goals and objectives; ensures all tasks and decisions align to goals and objectives.
- Drives and facilitates decision-making and consensus among key stakeholders (program and technical) at the local district.
- Facilitates scheduling of product training, conversion of data, and software installation.
- Provides leadership and consultancy on advanced setup, configuration, data mapping and customer business processes throughout the software implementation.
- Applies project management methodology to all projects, including setting expectations and managing to scope.
- Acts as liaison on customer’s behalf to internal business units (e.g., sales, business operations, implementation, product education, technical support).
- Communicates directly with PowerSchool Group LLC customers by phone and email to assist with district/school configuration, district data migration, reconciliation of customer satisfaction issues, clarification of customer requirements and stats/steering meetings.
- Responds to feedback, resolving any issues in a manner that satisfies the customer while meeting PowerSchool Group LLC business objectives.
- Creates and maintains all project documentation including accurate records of individual implementation project deliverables/work products, status and issues.
- Assist the service team and peers with continued process and approach improvement for the PowerSchool SIS product implementations.
To be considered for and to perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty and responsibility satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
This position is focused on customer work via remote/home office, however, travel work is expected primarily.
- Subject matter expertise in PowerSchool SIS Administration.
- Work experience in K-12 large-scale, district technology implementations.
- Solid understanding of PowerSchool District, School and Student data, including an understanding of relationships between of data for areas including: students, courses, schedules, student schedules, grade scales, terms, report cards, transcripts, state reporting data, standards, grade books.
- Moderate to advanced Microsoft Excel knowledge and use for working with data sets.
- Ability to handle multiple projects, priorities and adapt to continual change in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent communication, organizational and leadership skills.
- Professional training and/or experience in project management required
- Advanced knowledge of grading, grad planner and GPA creation and troubleshooting.
- Deep knowledge for all PowerSchool reporting elements.
- In depth knowledge of PowerSchool data structure and business logic with ability to analyze and correct data errors.
- Knowledge and use of DDA and Import/Export functions.
- Knowledge and understanding of all product configuration items and how they control data input and downstream reporting needs.
- Knowledge and understanding of database extensions with ability to consult customers on use and migration from custom fields.