Human Resources Generalist
NEWSCYCLE Solutions | G&A | Bloomington, MN
NEWSCYCLE Solutions is the leading provider of software and services powering the global media industry. Our content management, advertising management, subscription management, OTT and mobile solutions help companies drive profitability and accelerate digital business models. With headquarters in Bloomington, MN and regional offices throughout the world, NEWSCYCLE Solutions a trusted partner serving over 10,000 news media, broadcast, magazine, financial services and corporate clients. Newscycle is growing and expanding due to M&A activity.
Our Bloomington office offers several perks, an on site gym, on site cafeteria, free airport shuttle, free covered parking, and adjacent to major metro transit lines!
The HR Generalist with the supervision from the HR Manager, drives the daily administration of human resource initiatives. The HR Generalist will be the primary partner with our Finance and Accounting teams to provide and reconcile accurate employee reporting on a monthly basis. Seeking a candidate with a solid 2+ years of relevant HR experience.
HR Generalist duties:
- Update, maintain, and create content in the HRIS system.
- Ensure accuracy, audit, and generate reports on a regular ad-hoc basis.
- Field and respond to employee benefits inquiries (eligibility, coverage, payments, etc.)
- Coordinate company events and functions
- Handle special projects and additional responsibilities as required
- Generate offer letters and contractor agreements
- Responds to inquiries regarding policies, procedures, and programs
- Plan and conduct employment terminations
- Maintain a variety of HR forms/documents accessible to employees
- Talk informally with employees and attend meetings of managers to provide assistance in identifying, evaluating, and resolving human relations and work performance problems within the organization to facilitate communication and improve employee human relations skills
- Investigate and review employee grievances and allegations as requested
- Maintain employment records to include personnel, benefits, medical, and sensitive files
- Administer employee award and recognition programs
- Manage leave of absence programs
- Partner with executives to support various functional areas and execute on engagement strategies
- Updates and maintains data in the HR management system (HRIS), applicant tracking system, and employee Self Service systems. Assists with the learning management system.
- Creates, builds and generates queries and reports upon request. Generates a variety of standard and custom reports.
- Researches and troubleshoots transactional /data errors in the HRIS.
- Performs group data updates, imports, exports and changes. Verifies accuracy of data following imports.
- Gains knowledge of systems functionality and capabilities to yield process improvements such as increased use of auto generated reports.
- Partner with Finance and Accounting teams to provide and reconcile accurate census data on a monthly and ad hoc basis
- Responds to standard and non-standard data requests. Prepares and generates reports and data for HR team members and leadership.
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources or related discipline preferred
- Solid 2+ years HR Generalist work experience; focus or interest in international or global HR preferred
- Experience working with ADP WorkforceNow
- Must demonstrate excellent oral and written communication skills appropriate for all levels of an organization
- Must demonstrate comfort speaking in front of groups
- Must have excellent level of accuracy and detail-orientation
- Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Office Word, Excel, Power Point
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to work with confidential information
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment