Associate Software Engineer
Ping Identity | Product Development - Software (5103) | Austin, TX
At Ping Identity, we're changing the way people think about enterprise security technology. With our innovative Identity Defined Security platform, we're helping to build a borderless world where people have total freedom to work wherever and however they want. Without friction. Without fear.
We're headquartered in Denver, Colorado, and we have offices and employees around the globe. And we serve the largest, most demanding enterprises worldwide, including over half of the Fortune 100. Because even in the most complex enterprise environments, security shouldn't be a source of anxiety. It should be one of your greatest competitive advantages.
We call this digital freedom. And it's not just something we provide our customers. It's something that drives our company. People don't come here to join a culture that's built on digital freedom. They come to cultivate it.
As an Associate Software Engineer you will work on a cross-functional engineering team developing the next generation of Ping Identity products. There are opportunities to collaborate with other departments throughout the development lifecycle from planning thru acceptance testing. Our engineering team is committed to automating as much of our test plans as possible. To support this effort, our Software Developers work closely with the QA team throughout our releases on requirements and implementation of automated test cases. The right candidate will be an empowered self-starter able to work in a fast pace environment.
- Develop features and enhancements from user stories or lightweight spec documents
- Develop for customer needs, development
- Implement automated unit and integration tests
- Participate in peer code reviews and product feature reviews
- Maintain status of assigned issues in Ping’s issue tracker
- Collaborate with Product Management, Sustaining and Support on product requirements
- Proficient Java coding skills
- Proficient in Unix-based environments
- Full-stack development experience
- Experience with deployment systems like Docker, Kubernetes, AWS, etc.
- Experience using JSON or XML technologies
- Experience debugging problems in a distributed system
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience