Sr. Software Quality Engineer
Ping Identity | Product Development - Software (5103) | Denver, CO
At Ping Identity, we're changing the way people think about enterprise security technology. With our innovative Identity Defined Security platform, we're helping to build a borderless world where people have total freedom to work wherever and however they want. Without friction. Without fear.
We're headquartered in Denver, Colorado, and we have offices and employees around the globe. And we serve the largest, most demanding enterprises worldwide, including over half of the Fortune 100. Because even in the most complex enterprise environments, security shouldn't be a source of anxiety. It should be one of your greatest competitive advantages.
We call this digital freedom. And it's not just something we provide our customers. It's something that drives our company. People don't come here to join a culture that's built on digital freedom. They come to cultivate it.
You will be an active member of an innovative and passionate team developing features and key extensions to a growing enterprise product platform for the market leader in Identity Security. There is a wide variety of work including API development, identity protocol implementation, authentication systems, security vulnerability mitigation, and performance optimizations at a large scale.
We seek a Senior Software Quality Engineer who will be active in developing features and capabilities within our Identity Management product suite. We require a passionate tester who flourishes in a fast-moving, agile environment, has good communications skills, an outstanding ability to translate requirements and designs to functional test plans, test cases and automated test suites.
- Function as a solid individual contributor on a high output agile development team
- Collaborate effectively with the distributed team
- Analyze and elaborate on requirements
- Actively participate in design and code reviews
- Plan and estimate work to be completed
- Development and execution of automated tests
- Development and maintenance of other test assets including test matrices, test strategies, test cases/plans
- Maintaining and extending the automation test framework
- Staging test situations to better understand situations reported from the field
- Remain on the forefront of knowledge in the industry, and share learnings with other team members and with the company
- 5+ years developing test plans, test cases, and implementing automated test suites (in Java) for commercial products developed in Java.
- Strong interpersonal communications skills.
- Demonstrated experience in enterprise-level software development.
- Working knowledge of java
- Understanding of enterprise-scale systems and configurations related to security.
- Experience in agile, iterative, or XP environments.
- Exceptional problem solving skills
- Demonstrates attention to details.
- Ability to work in a lightweight process environment, including requirements and test planning documentation.
- Capable of high performance in a two-week iteration cadence with frequent product deliveries.
- Self-motivated and works with minimal direction.
- Takes ownership of tasks and executes.
Ideal candidate must be able to learn quickly and independently, and be capable of gathering information and understanding complex features/environments.