Customer Support Specialist, Tier II
Cvent | Client Services | Dallas, TX
The Customer Support Specialist will follow Cvent's support procedures and incorporate independent problem solving to provide an excellent customer experience to drive long-term customer retention. Positive customer support experiences will be measured through customer satisfaction reports.
What You Will Be Doing
- Provide first line diagnostic/troubleshooting support and technical expertise to answer Top customer questions, troubleshoot and resolve specific product related issues while maximizing customer and supplier satisfaction. Utilize discretion and independent judgment in analyzing and solving a wide range of complex customer concerns.
- Resolve complex issues including the training and ongoing education with Cvent Top Customers list in the design and use of the applications. Handle case escalations including Level 2 and 3 testing and diagnostics. As needed, escalate critical issues to Product Support Manager.
- Aid with explanation of product features, installation and configuration and deployment of product upgrades and software patches to Top customers, Account Managers, CSC’s and Deployment Engineers and other customer-facing employees.
- Drive improved use and capabilities of Lanyon’s products and services through education and customer engagement; Ensure compliance with documented service level agreements.
- Escalations: File escalations with Tier 3 after thorough research for all other resolutions; be responsible for follow up to Top Customers on a schedule determined by SLA procedures.
- Meet weekly with manager; Prepare and communicate high priority items, pertinent escalations and work completed with Junior Product Consultants.
- Prepare FAQ’s, upgrade notes/Articles in Knowledgebase, how to documents and other support documents.
- Effectively utilize customer support soft skills to maintain a positive working relationship between Cvent Technology and its customers and partners; Execute and improve best practices in Product Support through continuous assessment and feedback from departmental leaders.
- Participate in additional special projects, as requested
What You Will Need for this Position
- Bachelor’s degree from accredited college or university. Degree related to communications, business, technology or engineering preferred
- Advanced computer experience with in-depth knowledge of MS office and web-based systems
- Previous customer support experience required
- Experience in the travel, hospitality or the meeting industry is a plus
- Customer Service Focus: Ability to use discretion and independent judgment to solve complex problems; Strong customer engagement service skills to drive improved use of capabilities
- Superior Interpersonal Skills: Ability to interface with a wide range of personalities and levels within Lanyon and client organizations; Professional communication style
- Data Collection and Analysis: Proactive listening; resourceful in collecting sufficient data; Analysis of data to develop and implement best solution
- Initiative: Self-starter with strong sense of ownership; Tenacity in problem solving with positive outcomes; Motivated to increase capacity and responsibility – i.e. becoming a Senior Product Consultant or seeking other roles in the organization with a higher level of responsibility
- Detailed Oriented: Detailed administrative skills for tracking and reporting