Technical Support Lead
Advanced | Operations (Managed Services) | Birmingham, England
The Technical Support Lead will be responsible for the installation, maintenance and management of the operating environment of OneAdvanced clients, covering both the hardware and the software. Working closely the Service Delivery Manager (SDM) and Account Manager (AM), the Technical Support will responsible for ensuring the suitability of the infrastructure design at all times, and the timely and accurate technical delivery of the environments, as well as collaborative engagement with our client. The environment is comprised of Intel-based hardware with Microsoft Windows based OS and infrastructure technologies, and Cisco network equipment.
What you will be doing
- Establish and maintain a role as Technical Support to customers and colleagues.
- In conjunction with SDM and Technical Leads identify Problems and manage and monitor them through to resolution. Issuing regular updates and conducting regular review meetings.
- Research high-level solutions for the customer and lead technical discussions.
- Conduct regular reviews of customer process documentation and run books.
- Assist in the Change Advisory Board being the Company’s representative and feeding back on any outcome of changes raised and implemented.
- Assist in the review of Major Incident Reports and Root Cause Analysis reports commenting as required and monitoring completion of actions to prevent recurrence
- Lead or assist other resources on client technical architecture strategy and technology roadmap. To review all technical developments with a keen eye on customer satisfaction.
- Configuring Assets for end user needs.
- Updating and reviewing the Asset register to ensure that it is a true reflection of the Asset Infrastructure
- Installation of Hardware, operating systems and supporting software.
- Understanding of Network technologies and troubleshooting.
- Understanding of SAN technologies and troubleshooting.
- Be involved in DR planned tests and run with the project alongside other client service teams
- Updating and creating support documents for Advanced resolver support from SD/DSE/CSTS
- To log, manage and maintain all tickets relating to Onsite support within Remedy.
- May be required to work flexible hours to support - customer/contractual requirements.
What you will be good at
The ideal candidate will bring with them/be:
- Attention to detail
- Technically Minded
- Attention to detail
What we would like you to have
- RedHat Enterprise Linux.
- Windows Server 2008/2012 R2/ 2016.
- VMware 4.5, 5, 5.5 & 6 system administration.
- Data Centre awareness
- Knowledge of Cloud technologies (AWS, Azure & private, Office365)
- General LAN\WAN administration
- Ability to provide input into bid, project and technical documentation
- Ability to deal with sensitive customer issues
- Working knowledge of Incident/Problem/Change Management frameworks such as ITIL.
- Experience and knowledge of change management principles, methodologies and tools.
- Experience and knowledge in Project Management principles, methodologies and tools.
- Exceptional communication skills – both written and verbal.
- Excellent active listening skills.
- Ability to clearly articulate messages to a variety of audiences.
- Ability to establish and maintain strong relationships.
- Ability to influence others and move toward a common vision or goal.
- Flexible and adaptable; able to work in ambiguous situations
- Experience of any Microsoft technologies an advantage (Hyper-V and DPM backup)
Reimagine your Future by Joining the Advanced Team
We hire for potential, and develop at pace.
Our entry-level hiring strategy is all about identifying potential. At Advanced, we don’t believe in CVs. We passionately believe that your individual personality and core strengths are what can make you right for us. We assess you for behavioural fit and not for past experiences. We want you to learn, to discover, to experiment, to make a difference.
With a £250m turnover, 16,000
customers and 2,200 employees we pride ourselves on delivering focused software
solutions for the public sector, enterprise commercial and health & care
organisations that simplify complex business challenges and deliver immediate
Some of our Key Benefits from day one are:
- Generous Annual Leave - 25 days annual leave plus localised public holidays, with the ability to buy additional days
- Stunning office locations across 5 key hubs
- Charity Fundraising - Proud to be a Patron of The Prince's Trust
- Dedicated talent development team to help your Advanced career progress
- Top Achievers Club – our internal award scheme recognising excellence in our Advanced colleagues
- Pension Scheme (up to 5% matched contribution)
- Life insurance x 4 times salary
- Income protection insurance
- Childcare voucher (salary sacrifice)
- Cycle to work scheme (salary sacrifice)
- Employee assistance programme
Why should you apply? Advanced are different – we hire for potential and develop at pace so if you can reimagine your future in a vibrant growing company we would like to hear from you. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to removing bias from the hiring process.
If your application is successful, you will initially be required to take an online assessment, undertake a telephone interview with the HR team and attend a final interview/ Assessment Centre. Do not hesitate, apply now and a member of our in-house talent acquisition team will be in touch!