Manager of Security Operations and Engineering
Ping Identity | Security (8100) | Denver, CO
At Ping Identity, we're changing the way people think about enterprise security technology. With our innovative Identity Defined Security platform, we're helping to build a borderless world where people have total freedom to work wherever and however they want. Without friction. Without fear.
We're headquartered in Denver, Colorado, and we have offices and employees around the globe. And we serve the largest, most demanding enterprises worldwide, including over half of the Fortune 100. Because even in the most complex enterprise environments, security shouldn't be a source of anxiety. It should be one of your greatest competitive advantages.
We call this digital freedom. And it's not just something we provide our customers. It's something that drives our company. People don't come here to join a culture that's built on digital freedom. They come to cultivate it.
As a Manager of Security Operations and Engineering working in Ping’s Denver office you will work to document and optimize security operational tasks. You will work directly with the CISO and Security Architect to ensure Ping’s corporate and cloud infrastructure are secure, monitored and assured. Successful partnership with various other departments, including IT, product development, and site reliability engineering are critical to success.
- Prioritize and plan work for the Infrastructure Security team
- Document and optimize security operational practices
- Incident management leadership
- Support ISO and SOC 2 compliance requirements
- Provide effectiveness and impact metrics for security activities
- Manage security analytics / IoC systems and alerts
- Develop secure configuration standards and controls while enabling IT to remain nimble
- Perform scans and access audits, and oversee remediation of identified issues
- Works with key players to determine security requirements
- Promote a strong security culture through daily interactions with IT teams
Work closely with other security team members in completing cross functional projects
- Experience with security operations and engineering
- Familiarity with SaaS Infrastructure and Web Architecture
- Strong Knowledge of networking concepts (ex: VPN, subnetting, ACLs, VLANs, IPtables/Security Groups)
- Vulnerability management program experience
- Scripting experience (Python and / or PowerShell)
- Experience managing incident response
- Knowledge of AWS Security Principles, and implementation
- Experience Threat Hunting using logs and EDR Indicators
Experience in Designing Effective Indicators of Compromise (IOC)