Software Development Manager
Ping Identity | Product Development - Software (5103) | Denver, CO
At Ping Identity, we're changing the way people think about enterprise security technology. With our innovative Identity Defined Security platform, we're helping to build a borderless world where people have total freedom to work wherever and however they want. Without friction. Without fear.
We're headquartered in Denver, Colorado, and we have offices and employees around the globe. And we serve the largest, most demanding enterprises worldwide, including over half of the Fortune 100. Because even in the most complex enterprise environments, security shouldn't be a source of anxiety. It should be one of your greatest competitive advantages.
We call this digital freedom. And it's not just something we provide our customers. It's something that drives our company. People don't come here to join a culture that's built on digital freedom. They come to cultivate it.
You will be an active member of an innovative and passionate team developing features and key extensions to a growing enterprise product platform for the market leader in Identity Security. There is a wide variety of work including API development, identity protocol implementation, authentication systems, security vulnerability mitigation, and performance optimizations at a large scale.
We seek a Development Team Manager who will be leading a team that is actively developing features and capabilities within our Identity Management product suite. We require a passionate leader who flourishes in a fast-moving, agile environment, has good communications skills, an outstanding ability to lead the team to create products that not only meet strategic and market objectives, but also our high standards for quality, security, testability and performance.
- Function as a solid manager on a high performance agile development team
- Plan for and recruit staff
- Coach and mentor individuals and teams; provide career planning guidance and opportunities
- Provide vision and leadership to ensure the team understands company, department and project objectives that they can also contribute to.
- Foster an environment in which team is willing to work together to solve complex problems. Foster an environment which honors continual improvements. Foster an environment which honors innovation.
- Provide consistent and immediate feedback on individual and team performance
- Work with team to continue to enhance existing processes, practices, technologies and tools to improve team effectiveness and product quality.
- Plan and estimate upcoming work
- Ensure team is effectively tasked; provide project assignments and delegate work.
- Monitor work through the work stream to ensure it is complete and consistent with product requirements and criteria for release
- Work with team to adjust tasking, prioritization, and scope to achieve project goals.
- Collaborate effectively with a distributed team
- Experience managing people, including career development, coaching and mentoring, and providing feedback to improve individual and team effectiveness
- Capable of enabling and managing a high performance team with frequent product deliveries
- Experience acting as a scrum master, including running scrum, creating, managing and organizing epics, stories and tasks in Jira for a distributed team to help achieve team delivery goals
- Experience with product delivery process including package construction, licensing, legal attribution, escrow delivery, etc.
- Demonstrated success at delivering projects on time and meeting all quality, security and performance criteria
- Leadership skills, including setting vision and mission with team and guiding the team to achieve the mission. Defining strategy to achieve the mission; conducting planning to execute on that strategy. Collaborating and communicating with the team to achieve the goals.
- Strong interpersonal communications skills.
- Expert knowledge with modern development practices and processes.
- Experience in an agile, iterative, or XP environments.
- Exceptional problem solving skills
- 3+ years acting in a development management role
Experience with all aspects of developing software, including architecture, design, coding, test planning, testing, security, performance, and test automation.