Account Manager, Higher Education (Early Career)
EAB | Enrollment Services | Richmond, VA
EAB our mission is to make education smarter and our communities stronger. We harness the collective power of more than 1,400 schools, colleges, and universities to uncover and apply proven practices and transformative insights. And since complex problems require multifaceted solutions, we work with each school differently to apply these insights through a customized blend of research, technology, and services. From kindergarten to college and beyond, EAB partners with education leaders, practitioners, and staff to accelerate progress and drive results across three key areas: enrollment management, student success, and institutional operations and strategy.
At EAB, we serve not only our members but each other—that's why we are always working to make sure our employees love their jobs and are invested in their community. See how we've been recognized for this dedication to our employees by checking out our recent awards.
The Role in Brief:
Account Manager, Enrollment Services
We are currently considering candidates for our Undergraduate lines of business in EAB's Enrollment Services division.
The Account Manager role works in partnership with clients and internal teams to execute client direct marketing strategies for student recruitment initiatives and supports the Strategic Leader, decision maker for client account teams. Primarily, the Account Manager supports client relationships in collaboration with and mentorship from the Strategic Leader and performs day-to-day coordination and administration of activities and initiatives in support of client’s goals, resources and timeline. As a contact for assigned accounts, the position communicates with clients on daily campaign execution and ensures internal team members have the tools and information needed to execute campaigns. This role is a critical client team member and department member, supporting the Strategic Leader on the achievement of both client and company goals and objectives.
This role is based in Richmond, VA.
- Develop and cultivate relationships with clients in collaboration with Strategic Leader (SL) that will include the following functions:
- Assist in leading meetings and conference calls with clients
- Define and lead clients to appropriate, cost-effective cross-sell and up-sell opportunities
- Develop proposals and written presentations for clients; participate in client presentation of the deliverables
- Present and lead clients to solid direct marketing strategies within the array of Enrollment Services
- Collaborate with internal departments and oversee execution of direct marketing campaigns, including creative content, list and targeting, and client reporting/analysis.
- Develop understanding of client goals and communicate goals to account team.
- Own and execute administrative tasks daily in support of client marketing campaigns; coordinate and schedule meetings.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Advertising, Public Relations, Business Administration or related field
- 2+ years' experience supporting client relationships
- Proven ability to develop and maintain understanding of clients’ culture, strategy, and goals
- Ability to communicate with clients and internal teams on a daily basis in a professional and effective manner
- Effective interpersonal and teamwork skills
- Detail-oriented with superb organizational skills
- Strong work ethic and stellar client service with desire to add value to client-company relationships
- Proficient PC skills
- Willingness to travel 15-20%
- Direct marketing and client relationships experience
- Higher education industry experience
- Experience with client relationship management and/or project management and related systems
- Desire for professional growth and upward mobility within a growing company
Consistent with our belief that our employees are our most valuable resource, EAB offers a competitive benefits package:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance, dependents eligible
- 401(k) retirement plan with company match and day one full vesting
- Generous PTO
- Daytime leave policy for community service or fitness activities (up to 10 hours a month each)
- Wellness programs including gym discounts and incentives to promote healthy living
- Dynamic growth opportunities with merit-based promotion philosophy
- Benefits kick in day one, see the full details here.
At EAB, we believe that to fulfill our mission to “make education smarter and our communities stronger” we need team members who bring a diversity of perspectives to the table and a workplace where each team member is valued, respected and heard.
To that end, EAB is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and we make employment decisions on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need. We don’t discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law.