Business Development Director, Lead Generation
Omnitracs | Sales/Marketing | Dallas, TX
The Business Development Manager partners with Sales Management and Marketing Teams to manage and mentor a team of Business Development Reps (BDRs), with a focus on building prospecting, lead qualification, objection handling, and appointment setting skills. The Business Development Manager works closely with the BDR to help motivate and mentor the BDR staff to increase team members’ skills and level of responsibility.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Driving high value sales opportunities and inbound call activity.
- Strong leadership ability to manage large teams and inspire others to succeed.
- Ability to utilize Salesforce.com or similar CRM for reporting and team measurement.
- Driving Marketing campaign follow-up and outbound prospecting activities, for both Direct and Indirect Channel sales across multiple selling organizations.
- Participate in recruiting activities and interviewing as needed.
- Refine and critique the BDRs pitch for prospect customers and lead generation.
- Support BDRs during their assignments and their participation in the early stages of the sales cycle: lead generation, qualification and evaluation.
- Collaborate on new programs and campaigns in Marketing and Sales leads.
- Acquire and maintain a working knowledge of the complete capabilities of Omnitracs offerings.
- Drive program and participant success.
- Create and track individual and team metrics.
- Motivate individuals to succeed through leadership, coaching, creative incentives and broadcast of results.
- Invest in the success of the team; go above and beyond to ready BDRs for future careers with Omnitracs.
- EDUCATION: B.A. or B.S. degree preferred but not required.
- EXPERIENCE: 4+ years’ experience in managing and development of lead generation program; 2+ years’ experience in managing and development of a team; experience in the transportation industry preferred.
- Knowledge of Salesforce.com or similar CRM.
- Working knowledge of and experience in lead generation development and sales cycle process.
- Ability to train and manage a large team with dynamic needs.
- Knowledge of call center technology such as insidesales.com.
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Excellent organizational, project management and time management skills.
- Creative problem solving skills.
- Ability to create, develop and maintain effective and lasting business relationships.
- Ability to effectively prioritize workload and work flow.
- Ability to receive instruction and direction, learn and apply knowledge to differing situations.
- Ability and desire to drive both individual contributor and team success.
- Ability to coach and mentor subordinates.
Disclaimer: This Job Description indicates the general nature and level of work expected of the incumbent(s). It is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities required of the incumbent. Incumbent(s) may be asked to perform other duties in addition to those described above.
Omnitracs LLC, is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of any status or condition protected by applicable federal, state, or local municipal law.