Manager, Sales Development
Ping Identity | Sales Development (6500) | Denver, CO
At Ping Identity, we're changing the way people think about enterprise security technology. With our innovative Identity Defined Security platform, we're helping to build a borderless world where people have total freedom to work wherever and however they want. Without friction. Without fear.
We're headquartered in Denver, Colorado, and we have offices and employees around the globe. And we serve the largest, most demanding enterprises worldwide, including over half of the Fortune 100. Because even in the most complex enterprise environments, security shouldn't be a source of anxiety. It should be one of your greatest competitive advantages.
We call this digital freedom. And it's not just something we provide our customers. It's something that drives our company. People don't come here to join a culture that's built on digital freedom. They come to cultivate it.
As a Sales Development Manager, you will be responsible for managing a high-performing lead gen team. We are seeking an energetic, motivated, metrics driven, and detail-oriented leader who is passionate about management and excited to groom Ping Identity’s future Account Executives. The primary function of the Sales Development Manager is to build and scale an efficient and effective inbound and outbound lead generation program. This includes mentorship and personnel management, managing and oversight of all deals through the qualification process, interacting with leads, meeting team goals for pipeline created, and coaching the team.
- Manage Sales Development organization to goals, objectives and quota achievement
- Manage a diverse mix of territory-based sales development positions with diverse responsibilities of inbound prospecting, outbound prospecting and upsell/cross sell sales
- Recruit, hire, train, motivate, and coach SDRs (note: successful SDRs are promoted to sales positions within one to two years, making hiring and training a particularly important function)
- Monitor and refine sales lead processes and metrics
Manage Territory Assignment:
- Ensure the effective use of Salesforce.com and other SDR tools (Outreach, LeadLander, RainKing, LinkedIn Sales Navigator, etc.)
- Compile weekly/monthly team reports, modify as needed
- Proactively work to improve the cadence and throughput of the assigned sales development resources as we grow Ping Identity’s marketplace presence and success story
- Work closely with the sales team to ensure a positive working relationship and maximize the impact and effectiveness of sales development
- Work with Marketing and Field Sales to ensure efficient prospect/customer information exchange and hand-off
- Conduct weekly forecasts
- Remove roadblocks to SDR success
- 2-3 years of management experience in Sales, Sales Development or Inside Sales management, preferably in high technology based products and/or services
- Experience growing and scaling a successful sales development team in a fast growth environment
- Proven track record at establishing and achieving or exceeding measurable goals
- Excellent working knowledge of inbound & outbound prospecting methodologies in high technology based products and/or services
- Ability to train, coach and mentor sales development reps
- Ability to interact effectively with all levels of management and with multiple departments including sales, marketing, and product marketing
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills
- Ability to work on-site at our offices in Denver, CO