Director, Member Education
EAB | Research | ,
EAB is a best practices firm that uses a combination of research, technology, and services to improve the performance of over 1,500 educational institutions. The Research division’s membership programs serve Presidents, Provosts, Chief Business Officers, Student Affairs Executives, Heads of School, and many other key academic and administrative leaders at schools, colleges, and universities across the United States, Canada and the U.K. EAB’s research makes a profound impact on the $1.4 trillion education industry. We focus on institutions’ most pressing quality and productivity issues, performing rigorous root cause analyses and conducting hundreds of interviews with thought leaders to identify effective best practices that are shared with the membership through a series of national roundtable meetings, on-site workshops, publications, and web-conferences. The EAB Research division is committed to a diverse and inclusive community, and we are looking for individuals excited to contribute to this community and who bring experience collaborating with diverse stakeholders.
At EAB, we serve not only our members but each other—that's why we are always working to make sure our employees love their jobs and are invested in their community. See how we've been recognized for this dedication to our employees by checking out our recent awards.
The Role in Brief
Director, Member Education
We are currently seeking a Director, Member Education/Research Delivery. Directors deliver presentations that serve as the centerpiece for meetings, onsite presentations, webinars and educational sessions at our member institutions across North America. In these sessions, the speakers present the frontier market trends within the relevant terrain and introduce new (and often controversial) practices. Bringing exceptional facility in scripted and extemporaneous speaking, as well as meeting facilitation, our staff create interactive forums in which education leaders can debate our work and learn from each other.
This role is based in Washington D.C.
- Lead presentations and facilitated discussions for faculty, administrative, and executive audiences ranging in size from 20 to more than 500 people, detailing the major findings of our research.
- Assist members in understanding and tailoring our research findings to their needs by responding to audience questions and concerns, and addressing issues raised by our research and presentations.
- Develop a thorough, leading-edge understanding of industry trends and issues, and EAB's position on both, through exposure to EAB research, industry press and extensive interactions with members of our research and consulting staff.
- Contribute to the maintenance of healthy client relationships by facilitating information flow to and from the member organizations and the research teams.
- Collaborate with the Marketing team to maximize the firm’s revenue and profit potential by: providing Product Side Support during sales visits as requested; offering market insights and observations; helping current members to maximize renewal potential; and, training commercial team members on content to best equip them for successful marketing interactions.
- Support fellow faculty members with a spirit of generosity and teamwork by: orienting and training new staff members as necessary; providing back-up coverage for other faculty when scheduling or other difficulties arise; participating fully in interactive training sessions and department in-days; and, sharing best practice experiences and insights that will elevate the effectiveness of all staff members.
- Contribute to the success and work of other divisions with EAB whenever possible by: delivering keynote and breakout presentations during national meetings or member summits; presenting insights to staff members of other programs and areas; and, generating leads whenever possible for sister programs by constantly looking for opportunities with existing members.
- Partner with research teams, as requested and as appropriate, to develop new content and additional services that will deliver enhanced value to our members by: providing feedback and market intelligence to content leaders; participating in checkpoint sessions if needed; passing research leads and best practice concepts to appropriate researchers; supporting the ongoing work of maintaining pristine teaching materials; and, providing feedback on changes that are needed or might be beneficial to members.
- Manage Special Projects that are designed for the advancement and improvement of the entire division by: volunteering for and accepting the assignment of one-off projects that will enhance the quality of our services; keeping management up-to-date on improvement ideas and opportunities; submitting new ideas for the constant improvement of the division; supporting cross-division working groups; and continually helping to innovate new approaches and services.
- Bachelors Degree
- At least five years’ experience in leading presentations and discussions with professional audiences
- Ability to demonstrate presentation, facilitation, and teaching skills
- Previous position(s) where building relationships and facilitating flow of information with clients and colleagues was a job requirement
- Experience and proven success (ability to provide detailed examples) in situations requiring in-the-moment responses and problem-solving
- Demonstrated skill in both written and oral communication to both internal and external constituencies
- Academic record reflecting overall GPA of 3.5 or above (or equivalent)
- Ability to travel 75%; valid US driver’s license
- Advanced Degree in education, liberal arts, sciences, or professions (MA, PhD, JD, MBA)
- Experience working in a team environment, as well as independently and autonomously
- At least five years’ experience and/or higher education in college and university administration and/or faculty
- Familiarity or experience with strategic, managerial and operational issues facing higher education institutions
- Experience working with clients in a consultative role
Consistent with our belief that our employees are our most valuable resource, EAB offers a competitive benefits package:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance, dependents eligible
- 401(k) retirement plan with company match
- Generous PTO
- Daytime leave policy for community service or fitness activities (up to 10 hours a month each)
- Wellness programs including gym discounts and incentives to promote healthy living
- Dynamic growth opportunities with merit-based promotion philosophy
- Benefits kick in day one, see the full details here.
At EAB, we believe that to fulfill our mission to “make education smarter and our communities stronger” we need team members who bring a diversity of perspectives to the table and a workplace where each team member is valued, respected and heard.
To that end, EAB is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and we make employment decisions on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need. We don’t discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law.