KIBO | Product Development | Austin, TX
Kibo, a global leader in omnichannel commerce, enables retailers and brand manufacturers to sell anywhere and fulfill everywhere. Our multi-tenant SaaS suite of software powers $7B in commerce annually for over 400 clients. We focus exclusively on mid-market merchants with a solution set built for scale and growth that doesn’t sacrifice usability and flexibility. Our team of industry professionals partner with our clients to ensure that they are leveraging the latest and greatest in best practices and technology and together, we are shaping the future of retail.
As we continue to innovate on the Kibo Commerce Suite and expand into new markets, we are searching for a technically savvy, experienced Product Owner to define and prioritize functionality for the Kibo eCommerce platform. This role combines working with dedicated engineering teams with cross functional collaboration to prioritize and build new functionality. This Product Owner will have the opportunity to work on an industry-leading commerce platform with top technical talent and frequent interaction with major brands and retailers.
- Take lead of scrum teams as the Product Owner and provide direction to the agile development team
- Work with leadership to develop and effectively prioritize the product backlog according to the eCommerce roadmap and strategic business initiatives.
- Write user-level and technical requirements that are relevant and clear. Constantly monitor performance of new digital experiences to tweak and optimize as needed.
- Assess value, develop cases, and prioritize stories, epics and themes to ensure work focuses on those with maximum value that are aligned with product strategy
- Regularly interface with development teams to ensure that everyone is clear on the expected user experience for new features and functionality being developed.
- Identify and test new opportunities to deliver a high-functioning eCommerce experience.
- Partner with development, creative, UI/UX and cross-functional team leaders to identify, build and measure features and functionality that meet business goals.
- Work with Support and Customer Success to prioritize client issues and requests amongst planned roadmap and other strategic initiatives
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in a technology company
- 5+ years of experience defining technical requirements and driving a roadmap for a technology company
- A proven ability to execute consistent delivery and reprioritize based on evolving business needs
- A solid grasp of Agile development
- Strong technical understanding of the systems that support an eCommerce business
- Technically savvy individual who stays up with trends in the eCommerce industry
- Comfortable digging into technical documentation to understand details of 3rd party integrations and APIs and how they will impact end-user experience
- Clear and concise written and verbal communication skills with experience providing direction and context to remote development teams
- Experience using analytics to make data-informed product decisions that meet customer and business needs
Preferred but not required:
- Bachelors or Masters degree in Computer Science, IT or business systems strongly preferred
- Experience with B2B eCommerce and business strategy
- Experience with International eCommerce and business strategy
This Job Description indicates the general nature and level of work expected of the incumbent(s). It is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities required of the incumbent. Incumbent(s) may be asked to perform other duties in addition to those described above.
Kibo Software Inc., is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of any status or condition protected by applicable federal, state, or local municipalities.