DevOps Engineer - Windows
CentralSquare Technologies | Development | Sioux Falls, SD
CentralSquare is the largest public safety software company in the world. We run solutions that provide essential public safety services to over half of North America. We want you to build and maintain solutions that make a real difference in the lives of citizens throughout the Americas improving, health, safety, and justice. This isn’t your typical sell-ads and mine-personal-data software job. Join us and make a positive difference in the world.
At CentralSquare, the DevOps Engineer works closely with Product, Engineering, Operations and Support teams. Individuals in this role use their system and networking knowledge to help design reliable, scalable, and cost-effective systems that meet business needs. DevOps Engineers must ensure that on-premise and hosted systems remain healthy. We seek solutions that reduce time, and complexity of system maintenance while increasing security, reliability, and capability. The DevOps Engineer will communicate professionally and positively with all stakeholders (internal and external).
** We are considering candidates in our Sioux Falls, SD, Greensboro, NC, or Lake Mary, FL development centers.
- Collaborates with Product Owners, R&D leads, vendors and customers to ensure DevOps solutions address business and user needs
- Implements and supports technology stack for Engineering teams to leverage continuous integration and delivery approach for product delivery
- Monitors and tunes systems to ensure cost effectiveness, and optimum levels of performance, availability, stability, security and recoverability
- Performs and automates system and application related maintenance tasks
- Creates and maintains accurate documentation of systems, solutions, guidelines and processes
- Provides information to senior members on utilization of assets, services and processes
- Operates as a resource to less experienced DevOps Engineers, providing an open learning environment for cross-team knowledge sharing. Shares technical knowledge in both one-on-one and group settings.
- Participates in an on-call rotation to minimize business impact from performance issues, and system outages that are escalated internally to the DevOps team
- Other responsibilities as required
- 3+ years of enterprise-scale IT and Network operations experience
- 2+ years of Windows System Administration experience
- Experience managing server and network hardware
- Strong knowledge and experience in working with networking components, protocols and security (e.g. subnets, firewalls, routing, DNS, HTTP, TLS/SSL, etc.)
- Experience administering Microsoft SQL Server
- Experience with virtualization technologies (e.g. VMware, HyperV)
- Expertise in automation of provisioning, installation, configuration, and upgrade tasks using PowerShell and at least one other common scripting languages (Python, Ruby, VBscript etc.)
- Familiarity with web site administration with IIS
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
- Availability to be on call 24x7 under reasonable circumstances and schedule
- Must pass background checks in all 50 states
Bonus Points for:
- Experience with Citrix Xen Products
- Cisco Certifications
- Strong SQL language experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field