VIEW ALL APPLY NOW
Human Resources Generalist
PowerSchool | G&A | ,
Skills & Requirements
This position, under the general direction of the Manager, Human Resources, performs Human Resources
related duties at the professional level and may carry out responsibilities in some or all of the following
functional areas: employee relations, diversity and inclusion, training, leaves of absence and workers
compensation administration, employee relation investigations, accommodation requests, recruitment and
providing regional HR representation. The Human Resources Generalist generates paperwork for personnel
actions, update systems as necessary and provide support to HR Business partners.
Duties and Responsibilities
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Partners with employees, HR Business Partners and management to communicate various Human Resources policies, procedures, laws, standards and government regulations
- Processs ITR/ Employee action requests (i.e., internal transfer, promotions, termination paperwork, updates HRIS systems, etc)
- Responds to employee relation issues such as employee complaints, harassment allegations, etc.
- Participates in investigations of employee relations issues, employee complaints, policy infractions and conduct concerns
- Works with HR Business partners in completing investigations and providing reports on findings
- Regularly meet with HRBPs to address possible concerns in the region, assist the HRBPs as necessary
- Makes recommendations for improvement of morale at regional locations
- Perform regional terminations for HRBPs
- Conducts exit interviews, analyzes data and makes recommendations to the management team for corrective action and continuous improvement
- Assists with managing the corporate Diversity & Inclusion program
- Facilitates and/or provides training (including new hire orientation)
- Facilitates New Hire Reunion classes
- Regional support to offices within the region, travel to regional offices monthly, anticipated travel up to 25- 30% of the time
- Coordinates local HR activities, such as benefits fairs, job fairs, wellness team coordination, and Spirit Team coordination
- Assists in local recruiting efforts including, job fairs, campus relations and interviewing candidates to fill entry level, professional, and technical job openings
- May act as primary contact for leave administration by processing leave requests, determining eligibility, tracking LOA activity including intermittent leaves, following-up requests and re-certifications
- Processes workers’ compensation claims, tracks claims and usage
- Provides leave reports to Director, Talent Management on monthly basis.
- Reviews Accommodation requests, works with managers, HR Business Partners and facilities, as appropriate, to determine ability to accommodate requests
- Bachelor's degree Human Resources Management, or a related field
- One to two years’ experience in Human Resources generalist or similar role
- Background in employment law and other government compliance regulations is preferred
- Builds relationships and works well across functions
- Can work independently, as well as with a team
- Excellent presentation skills and ability to engage audiences
- Understands comments and concerns expressed by participants during daily activities and meetings
- Ability to objectively coach employees and management through complex, difficult, and emotional issues
- The ability to research and analyze various different type of data information
- Must have the ability to make recommendation to effective resolve problems or issues, by using judgement that is in consistent with standards, practices, policies, procedures, regulation or government law
- Other characteristics such as personal characteristics
- Demonstrates a strong attention to detail.
- Has a professional image and forms good partner relationships across functions
- Retains objectivity and proper understanding of a problem or situation when placed under stressful conditions.
- PHR / SHRM-CP preferred