DevOps Engineer, Cloud Operations
Ping Identity | Infrastructure Operations (2103) | Austin, TX
At Ping Identity, we're changing the way people think about enterprise security technology. With our innovative Identity Defined Security platform, we're helping to build a borderless world where people have total freedom to work wherever and however they want. Without friction. Without fear.
We're headquartered in Denver, Colorado, and we have offices and employees around the globe. And we serve the largest, most demanding enterprises worldwide, including over half of the Fortune 100. Because even in the most complex enterprise environments, security shouldn't be a source of anxiety. It should be one of your greatest competitive advantages.
We call this digital freedom. And it's not just something we provide our customers. It's something that drives our company. People don't come here to join a culture that's built on digital freedom. They come to cultivate it.
As a DevOps Engineer, you will be involved in architecting, automating, and deploying Ping Identity products in AWS using CI/CD automation technologies. This position will have a broad technical skill set to support one of the top technology initiatives in the company. If you love to collaborate with development teams from design through the development process to production deployments – we want to talk to you.
You will be solving deep technical problems and building innovative solutions in a fast-paced environment working with smart and passionate team members. You must have hands-on experience building scalable solutions in AWS. Will be working closely with software engineering teams to bridge key technical relationships and driving technical initiatives towards success.
You will establish technical standards and drive DevOps engineering practices. The ideal candidate will possess excellent communication skills as well as the technical background to fluently interact and provide guidance to team members.
No on-call shift work for this role!
- Designing and architecting solutions for cloud environments (specifically AWS).
- Linux systems administration, configuration, troubleshooting and automation.
- Analysis of complex system behavior, performance and application issues.
- Development of monitoring solutions and analysis across multiple deployments.
- Capacity analysis and planning, traffic routing, and security policies for Ping’s market leading applications.
- 5+ years’ experience with Linux/UNIX systems administration.
- Strong understanding of security design principles.
- 3+ years Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Solid scripting skills (Python/Ruby/Bash/Go/etc.)
- Solid experience with server configuration via Puppet/Chef/Salt/Ansible.
- Experience using Git in a team environment (merge requests, branching, push, and pulls)
- Experience with Docker and container orchestration.
- IP networking, including familiarity with the functionality, operating, and failure modes of networks.
- Proven technical troubleshooting and performance tuning experience.
- Experience in a high-volume critical production service environment.