Software Engineering Manager
CentralSquare Technologies | Development | Sioux Falls, SD
CentralSquare Technologies is a leading provider of software and services aligned to serve five key customer segments – Public Administration, Public Safety and Justice, State Government, Federal Government and Nonprofit Agencies. The combined experience and knowledge of our employees helps communities, governments and organizations better serve their population. Over 175 million people in North America live in communities that rely on our products and services.
We're looking for an Engineering Manager who enjoys a challenge and thrives on building high quality software that they are proud to deliver to the marketplace.
Join CentralSquare Technologies and work with a team focused on developing software for use in the Public Safety of cities and towns across the United States and Canada. Leverage your exceptional management skills and work with a remarkably talented group of development professionals.
You will collaborate with our Director of Engineering and lead our engineering teams in building enterprise applications for our clients across North America. The right candidate can inspire your team, make the impossible possible, and pay real attention to detail. You have multiple years of professional experience writing well-structured and well-tested code, are at ease with adopting new languages and technologies, and have a strong approach to object-oriented software.
- Manage the day-to-day activities of a software development team by providing coaching, leadership, and guidance
- Motivate and encourage the development team by ensuring goals are properly defined and achieved
- Assist in defining and continually enhancing processes and practices for our growing team and harness the power of agile methodologies
- Build clean and effective software solutions that meet functionality, performance, scalability and reliability expectations with an efficiently operating team
- Ensure that software related documentation (requirement specifications, design documents, protocols, etc.) is created and maintained
- Liaise with the R&D team, as well as departments such as Product Management and IT Operations to plan and execute projects on realistic implementation schedules
- Actively participate in team meetings and offer recommendations / ideas on various design projects
- Stay current with trends, techniques, best practices, technology and other factors impacting the job – incorporating aspects as deemed necessary
- Collaborate in various aspects of ideation, design, coding, and testing features with team members to deliver new functionality and enhancements
- Strong software development fundamentals
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in a relevant field
- At least 5+ years of experience leading software teams
- Knowledgeable and experienced in Agile methodologies
- Hands-on development experience with strong object-oriented and functional programming principles
Soft Skills and Key Characteristics:
- Strong leadership and delegation
- Ability to coach and mentor others
- No task too big or too small approach
- Nimble with a strong sense of urgency to support our business needs
- Able to work independently, organize, plan and prioritize competing needs and issues
- Strong communicator (both written and verbal) to various audiences