Program Manager, Agency Associations
Vertafore | Sales | Denver, CO
Vertafore has an opening for an experienced, energetic Industry Association Program Manager. The position requires a business leader with commitment to building strong partnerships through mutually beneficial programmatic relationships. The key objective for the position is to manage the Industry Association program to build strong relationships with industry associations in order to grow revenue with the members of the association.
The Industry Association Program Manager is a key member of the channels and ecosystem team responsible for enabling customer awareness, acquisition, enablement, and retention through building strong relationships with industry groups. The Industry Associations Program Manager must have a solid understanding of, and experience in, sales, business development, marketing, events and promotions, lead generation, project management, and enablement and campaign execution.
Vertafore develops and delivers software to the Insurance industry, helping our clients in how they help their clients. In order to provide the best possible levels of partnership with proven experience in motivating and driving performance, the Industry Association Program Manager will be immediately involved in the following:
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES & TASKS
· In alignment with the VP of Channels and Ecosystems and the sales leadership, develop a coverage & capacity plan and gap analysis to drive targeted industry association recruitment.
· Work with the sales team to build relationships with assigned industry associations.
· Develop Industry Association milestone plans in conjunction with the Industry Association Owner for each assigned industry association and support the milestone planning process in general.
· Manage the implementation, roll out and execution of the Industry Association Program.
· Prepare and present monthly and quarterly “State of Industry Associations” presentation for all assigned team members and the executive team.
· Perform as go-to resource for industry association questions, concerns or issues.
· Assist in planning and participate in marketing events with industry associations as necessary.
· Educate local leadership and operations teams within our industry associations on how we help their members, through in-person and online presentations and one-on-one follow up
· Identify and develop opportunities for joint speaking engagements, event presentations and other creative industry association activities at a local and national level, and work with Marketing to stage those events
· Present complex, solution- selling techniques at the executive level to close industry association partner agreements
· Make recommendations to industry associations that align business needs to technology solutions and services
Qualifications and Experience
· Bachelor or equivalent experience
· 5+ years of experience working in business development/partner development/channel development
· Experience developing strategic programs and business development capability
· Experience in the tech sector, preferably in the software industry
· Excellent communication, listening, presentation, and writing skills.
· Experienced in providing workshops, training and presenting.
· Strong negotiation skills.
· An outgoing, personable and organized person with a strong will to succeed.
· Ability to thrive in a fast moving environment.
· Ability to manage and deal with channel conflicts in a professional manor
· Understanding of Partner Programs and contracts associated with them.
· Demonstrated ability to work with and deliver for multiple stakeholders.
· Must be self-starter and able to work independently within a matrix organization.
· Highly engaged with partner manager organization and pre-sales team.
· Previous insurance industry experience is a plus
· Salesforce.com experience a plus.