Senior Payroll Bureau Administrator
Advanced | Administration - Finance | Birmingham, England
Advanced are one of the UK’s largest software companies, developing a range of solutions covering the whole industry and delivering right, first-time solutions, which solve customer problems, save money and deliver significant impact to users’ lives. Our vision is to continue to make a difference; positively impacting the lives of millions of people as the foremost provider of market focussed software solutions that make the complex simple. We’re growing fast and building an exciting future.
You will be based in the Mailbox – our stunning Regional HQ in Birmingham City Centre, which provides the best opportunity for a vibrant social life with colleagues and outside of work.
What you will be doing
- Accurate and timely processing of all aspects of client payrolls
- Deal with all associated payroll processing tasks required from collating input for processing to the completion of the payroll process
- Assist and support the bureau team in responding to queries from clients and associated 3rd parties such as HMRC and DWP. Analyse problems and recommend/implement solutions
- Identify and implement (with the necessary support) continuing improvement to the services offeredTo keep abreast of all current relevant statutory requirements
- Develop, consolidate product knowledge in order to deliver first class service to customers and support the knowledge within the team as a whole
- To comply, in a timely manner, with all departmental, client and company required administrative activities
What you will be good at
- Must be a self-starter with the ability and motivation to deliver work to a high standard
- Excellent communication and people skills
- Good organisational skills (time management, administration etc.)
- Team player used to following and refining the standards and procedures used for the provision of solutions
What we would like you to have
- Must have a degree (preferably in a relevant discipline) or relevant work experience
- Ideally CIPP qualified
Reimagine your Future by Joining the Advanced Team
We hire for potential, and develop at pace.
Advanced are a different sort of employer. Recruiting people with potential, our focus is on what you might be capable of achieving. We look for aspiration and passionately believe that your individual personality and core strengths are what can make you right for us. We want you to learn, to discover, to experiment, to make a difference.
With a £225m turnover, 16,000
customers and 2,200 employees we pride ourselves on delivering focused software
solutions for the public sector, enterprise commercial and health & care
organisations that simplify complex business challenges and deliver immediate
Some of our Key Benefits from day one are:
- Generous Annual Leave - 25 days annual leave plus localised public holidays, with the ability to buy additional days
- Stunning office locations across 5 key hubs
- Charity Fundraising - Proud to be a Patron of The Prince's Trust
- Dedicated talent development team to help your Advanced career progress
- Top Achievers Club – our internal award scheme recognising excellence in our Advanced colleagues
- Pension Scheme (up to 5% matched contribution)
- Life insurance x 4 times salary
- Income protection insurance
- Childcare voucher (salary sacrifice)
- Cycle to work scheme (salary sacrifice)
- Employee assistance programme
Why should you apply? Advanced are different – we hire for potential and develop at pace so if you can reimagine your future in a vibrant growing company we would like to hear from you. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to removing bias from the hiring process.
If your application is successful, you will initially be required to take an online assessment, undertake a telephone interview with the HR team and attend a final interview. Do not hesitate, apply now and a member of our in-house talent acquisition team will be in touch!