Solution Engineer (eFinance Plus)
PowerSchool | Sales | CAN - Remote, Alberta
To be a Solution Engineer is to be a revered product and functional expert at PowerSchool, responsible for closing the technical win in sales cycles. You will be part of a tight knit community of pre-sales professionals and support some of the best sales reps in the technology space. In this role you will enjoy flexibility, handling everything from site configuration and presentations to RFP responses, internal collaboration and strategic work, as well as potentially mentoring peers. We have an excellent culture and are in search of the next great addition to an already strong team. For this specific role we are in search of a candidate who has a strong background in ERP, including functions related to Payroll, Finance, and HR.
Essential duties and responsibilities are listed below. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Assist in the sales development/discovery process to understand the needs of potential clients in order to begin mapping our solutions to them
• Lead compelling and dynamic demonstrations, presenting our products to product to prospective customers in support of sales during the proving process
• Organize strategy calls with internal resources to find just the right approach for each sales opportunity
• Provide information and recommendations to assist with the development of responses to RFPs/RFIs
• Provide rapid, accurate responses to complex questions from existing and potential clients.
• Show off the PowerSchool solutions and vision during events sponsored by Marketing, including webinars, user group meetings and industry conferences
• Support the process of accurately and smoothly handing off customers from Sales to our Services organization after the close of a complex sale
• Travel required, 50-75%
• Other duties as assigned
**Role is based in Canada
To be considered for and to perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty and responsibility satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
• Experience in K-12 Education domain preferred but not required
• Bachelor’s degree in Education, Technology or a related field
• Extensive knowledge of ERP systems, including Payroll, Finance, HR, etc
• Ability to independently without constant supervision while being a member of the team and adhering to company policies/regulations. Must be a self starter.
• Proficient at handling a high volume of work and multiple priorities simultaneously, and operating in a demanding work environment
• Possess excellent written and oral communication skills
• Reading, understanding, and explaining basic HTML
• Strong cross-group collaborator with exceptional general management skills and the ability to build relationships within an organization