QA Test Engineer
Tomia | Product Development | Bangalore, Karnataka
Telarix, a market leader in interconnect telecom software has recently merged with Starhome Mach, the leader in value-added global mobility & clearing services based in Bangalore, India.
Position: QA Test Engineer - Bangalore, IN
To create QA orientation in team and maintain high level of delivery quality. This includes educating the team, preparing the test plan and execution of test cases to meet the functional requirements in test environment. Automate the Regression test cases using tools and maintain the RT suite.Report the outcomes and defects to appropriate stakeholders.
- Mentor the team for importance of quality
- Run quality retrospective and identify the ways of improvement
- Approve the releases made by development team after quality checks
- Educate new testers on processes and approach for quality improvement
- To create a test execution plan in order to complete testing within timelines
- Write test cases to test the functionality of the code with respect to the design and requirement document
- Share the test cases with stakeholders to review and solicit comments
- Update test cases with the comments from the team based on validity of the comments
- Execute the test cases in test environment to check the functionality of the code
- Register defects found during testing in JIRA/Other system and prioritize defects based on criticality
- Generate test execution outcomes report for the tested cases
- Add the test cases to RT suite. Maintain the RT suite
- Automate the RT suite so that it can be executed with minimum human intervention for every release
- Maintain the test environment
- Verify Unit Testing and Test Coverage analysis (done by developers)
- Automate test cases using Selenium.
- Maintain QA dashboard where applicable to highlight quality issues
- Educate associated team on quality awareness
Desired Qualifications and Experience:
- Any Engineering degree (BE/BTech/ME/MTech), preferably in Computer Science Or Computer Application degree (MCA) Or Postgraduate degree (MSc) in Computer Science
- Min 1 Years-Max 3 years of experience in Manual Testing,
- Backend testing, Black Box testing, Stress testing, Security testing and Selenium Test Automation.
- Experience in UI testing for pages developed using Java/J2EE. Python, Robot Framework Automation strong plus.
Technical Knowledge Requirements
- Frontend testing – Advanced level
- Shell and Perl Scripting – Intermediary level
- Python– Intermediary level
- Oracle – Intermediary level
- Test Automation using Selenium– Intermediary level
- Agile Methodologies – Intermediary level
- Test Management tools like QC, JIRA (Zephyr) and/or defect management tools like Bugzilla
- Hands on experience on Block Box testing
- Worked on Python and Robot Automation Framework Strong plus.