Manager Customer Success
CentralSquare Technologies | Customer Experience | Decorah, IA
Summary: At CentralSquare Technologies we believe the impact of our product on our customer’s business is one of the most critical measures of our success. To that end, it is of utmost importance that we ensure our customers are engaged and we are doing the right things to make sure they are getting value from our solutions and getting the outcomes they desire. Manager of Customer Success is responsible for ensuring customer adoption, satisfaction and general health of a portion of the CentralSquare Technologies customer base of more than 7000 local government agencies. We are looking for people who are naturally inquisitive, with the confidence to drive a team and also work across departments to challenge the status quo. We drive to build a team of people who are interested in helping our customers uncover new ways to utilize CentralSquare Technologies solutions, with a passion for improving business outcomes.
Responsibilities: Developing and implementing the customer success processes and metrics that will improve customer satisfaction and retention through the following:
- Lead a high-performing team of motivated Customer Success Managers; hire, develop, inspire, motivate and empower the team
- Manage daily operations of the team, including defining and monitoring key performance indicators
- Develop strong business relationships with senior stakeholders in our largest customers; navigate complex situations, coach internal teams and make decisions leading to successful outcomes
- Build new processes and develop best practices aimed at improving customer experience as well as team’s effectiveness and efficiency
- Contribute to business strategy development and product roadmap evolution by bringing voice of the customer, sound business judgment and proactive problem solving to internal interactions
- Collaborate and be a thought partner to internal cross-functional stakeholders (Sales, Product, Services, Support, Ops, etc.)
- Understand the role of the CSM and Customer Success initiatives for educating internal and external customers
- Take on special projects as-needed.
- Bachelor's degree from four-year College or university; or 8-10 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Minimum of 10 years of direct customer advocacy and engagement experience in post-sales support, or equivalent experience
- Ability to manage influence through persuasion, negotiation, and consensus building
- Ideally combined background of post-sale and sales experience
- Strong empathy for customers AND passion for revenue and growth
- Deep understanding of value drivers in recurring revenue business models
- Analytical and process-oriented mindset
- Demonstrated desire for continuous learning and improvement
- Experience leading large customer success organizations
- Experience using customer success automation tools, preferably Gainsight.
- Creative, problem solver with strong composure to manage difficult situations
- Must be able to Travel up to 50% based upon customer needs, seminar schedules, industry events/trade shows or other necessary customer facing engagements.