CentralSquare Technologies | Development | High Point, NC
Provides departmental leadership for software development team leads, as well as, a large team of individual contributors involved in delivering new and enhanced software products to market. This manager leads a team of developers that develop a variety of public safety software products using Microsoft .NET (C#), Visual Foxpro, and SQL Server. The manager is responsible for overseeing design, architecture, development, and maintenance of various applications. The manager must be able to design and architect applications. This position requires working onsite in the High Point, NC office. Some travel is required.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Responsible for tactical implementation of strategic plans.
- Establishes operational objectives and work plans and delegates assignments to subordinate leadership team to achieve objectives.
- Requires cooperation of others to carry out tactical plans. May have input into administrative or operational decisions to ensure effective achievement of objectives.
- May suggest or develop departmental policies for approval of Sr. Manager/Director.
- Rarely refers specific cases to upper management unless clarification or interpretation of organization policies is involved.
- Senior management reviews objectives to determine goal attainment.
- Has input on planning, staffing, budgeting, managing expense priorities, and recommending and implementing changes to methods
Candidate must be strong in the following managerial areas:
- Project Management skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Process improvement mindset
- Interpersonal skills to facilitate intradepartmental and interdepartmental work relationships
- Mentorship skills
- Experience building a team
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
- A positive, can-do attitude
Candidate must be strong in the following technical areas:
- C#, .NET
- SQL Server
- TFS/Source Control/Release Best Practices and Strategies
- Microsoft Windows and Office Systems
- Microsoft Visual FoxPro programming language a plus