Ping Identity | Accounting/Finance (9110) | Denver, CO
At Ping Identity, we're changing the way people think about enterprise security technology. With our innovative Identity Defined Security platform, we're helping to build a borderless world where people have total freedom to work wherever and however they want. Without friction. Without fear.
We're headquartered in Denver, Colorado, and we have offices and employees around the globe. And we serve the largest, most demanding enterprises worldwide, including over half of the Fortune 100. Because even in the most complex enterprise environments, security shouldn't be a source of anxiety. It should be one of your greatest competitive advantages.
We call this digital freedom. And it's not just something we provide our customers. It's something that drives our company. People don't come here to join a culture that's built on digital freedom. They come to cultivate it.
The Financial Analyst will be a key member of the Finance Team. The Financial Analyst will be an analytical, operationally oriented professional who is able to aggregate, disaggregate, and interpret financial data to convey business results.
This role will primarily support the Marketing organization in enhancing visibility to key financial and operational metrics by creating dashboards, reports, and presentations for the Marketing leadership team. Cross-functional partnership is a key element in this role as this individual will bring a financial perspective to operational support and decision making. The Financial Analyst will be change-oriented and will continuously seek ways to improve existing FP&A processes.
- Help to tell the story of Ping Identity’s performance, including the preparation of managerial reports within assigned area of responsibility, assisting with the preparation of presentations to the Board of Directors and internal business units, and conducting month-end close functions including variance analysis and explanations and communicating significant or unusual business matters;
- Perform ongoing and one-off analytical exercises that help bring insight into results; standardize some of the analytical needs of the business; build sustainable benchmarking / peer comparison dashboards that illuminate the Company’s performance versus others; work closely with internal stakeholders to identify and implement reporting needs
- Continuously improve upon the speed and accuracy of existing monthly, quarterly and annual forecasting and operating processes; drive automation and simplification;
- Support business functions in managing cost and headcount requests; serve as the financial steward and support the financial aspects of key operating decisions;
- Facilitate driving the annual financial planning process
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, or closely related field
- 2-4 years of relevant finance experience; at least one year of general accounting or finance work experience, including internships, co-ops and other work experience gained in the field during completion of degree;
- Strong Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Prior experience within an FP&A organization desired, as is prior experience within a public company environment;
- Proficient in financial modeling with the ability to turn disparate datasets into actionable information that ultimately guide business decisions;
- Software / SaaS / technology experience preferred, but not required, as is experience supporting a recurring revenue / subscription business model;
- A working style that is comfortable with driving change, and effective at managing interpersonal relationships;
- Experience working within internal financial applications to extract data and attributes needed to effectively tell the performance story;
- Familiarity with Salesforce, NetSuite, and Adaptive Insights is a plus;
- A successful track record in setting priorities; keen analytic, organization and problem solving skills which support and enable sound decision making;
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills with an ability to prioritize, negotiate, and work with a variety of internal and external stakeholders