Manager, Customer Support
TIBCO | 50130 Spotfire Customer Support | Goteborg,
Data Visualization and Analytics that help make sense of the enormous and growing amount of data that organizations generate is a rapidly growing area within the Business Intelligence (BI) sector of the software industry. Your team will be supporting TIBCO’s industry leading products for Data Visualization (Spotfire) and for Data Science (Statistica) to our large customer base in Europe, the Middle East and Africa (EMEA). Spotfire is offered in on-premise and Cloud (SaaS) solutions. We have a highly skilled global support team committed to delivering outstanding customer support. Reporting to the Sr. Director of Product Support, we are seeking a Manager to lead the EMEA Support team, based in Gothenburg with additional employees in Ireland. This role will focus on providing leadership to highly skilled support engineers and team leads, setting an operating framework to deliver exceptional customer service, and providing vision for and successful execution of support operations as the business evolves.
The Analytics Support organization is global with employees in multiple US locations, Sweden, Ireland, India, and Australia. The management team across the globe is in daily contact to ensure optimal operation as a single team.
As the leader for the EMEA Support team you will lead this team to deliver outstanding service performance. You will be a spokesperson and evangelist for driving the mission of the support team with our customers and internally within TIBCO’s Analytics business unit.
The job holder will be expected to perform the following: -
- Lead and motivate the EMEA support team in Sweden and Ireland to achieve excellent service performance while continually upgrading the employee talent base through performance management, mentoring, training, and targeted hiring.
- Keep close track of customer escalations and high profile issues that are owned within the EMEA support team and ensure that these are prioritized with effective action plans to drive quick resolution.
- Be prepared to discuss the status of such issues on daily management escalation meeting.
- Monitor the activities of technical support professionals and coach them to continuously deliver outstanding service.
- This is achieved through a highly professional demeanor in customer interactions, effective methodical troubleshooting, high quality and timely updates of support cases, and effective management of a case load to ensure that all cases are resolved in a professional and timely manner.
- Specify technology requirements applicable to efficient customer service, such as improvements in product functionality, operational tools, and processes.
- The culture of this support team is to continuously refine methods and processes that will improve the customer experience, rather than just “firefighting” customer issues.
- Foster a culture of developing content that improves customers’ self help capability.
- This includes an effective knowledge base, community forum, FAQs, and other self-help mechanisms.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of customer relationship management initiatives that cultivate ongoing, long-term customer loyalty.
- Cultivate key relationships outside the organization with teams such as engineering (R&D), Sales, and Product Management that will help promote the requirements of Support on behalf of our customers.
- This position requires remote management as employees are based in Gothenburg and Cork, Ireland. Some travel is therefore also required.
What We Offer
Starting from your first day, we will provide you with support to get to know the company, the people and your working tasks through an on-boarding program. A mentor will also be assigned to you, and will continue to work directly with you throughout your onboarding period, which typically lasts for several months.
We offer an attractive compensation and benefit package as well as continuous opportunities to grow. TIBCO provides flexible working hours, great location, an exceptional work environment in our Gothenburg office (which is headquarters for the Spotfire product) with energetic and dynamic technology leaders. We enjoy periodic downtime where we play some games or just hang out and enjoy complimentary fresh fruit, snacks and drinks.