Sales Director - Advertising/Media Solutions team (Ad Intel)
Numerator | Sales | New York City, NY
Numerator is looking for a top performing sales professional to join us. As a Sales Director, you will have the opportunity to work with some of the world’s most iconic brands to help bring to life their advertising, marketing, and pricing strategies through Numerator’s rich portfolio of solutions and insights. This role will be in charge of building out new relationships in a variety of markets and spaces. Over the last five years, by leveraging the rise in smartphones and putting user experience first, we have successfully built the largest purchase panel in the world. Our data pipeline processes over 300k receipts per day, including purchases from both brick & mortar and online.
We are looking for a highly motivated salesperson with a passion for media, to join our team of media ninjas. The Sales Director will meet our customer retention, expansion and revenue growth objectives within our Advertising and Media Solutions team. This role will have a strong focus on our Ad Intelligence and audience targeting solutions. We're looking for a true sales hunter with knowledge and experience within the media agency industry, who also understands the marketing and advertising world. Additionally, you will manage and maintain relationships with clients as you expand sales throughout your region.
This Sales Director will need to be New York based (Manhattan office across from Grand Central) as many of the potential clients are in the NY market. Knowledge of digital/TV/and media solutions preferred.
Create strategic account plan to meet sales quota.
Identify appropriate brand leads/partners and book qualified meetings.
Be able to demo a suite of media solutions, including our Ad Intelligence software, Audience Targeting and Campaign Measurement solutions.
Work with counterparts to solution sell to additional areas of current clients.
Close business in a timely manner, utilizing salesforce throughout the sales process.
Very limited domestic travel
- Hunter with enterprise SaaS software sales experience, with particular emphasis on building new relationships and opening new accounts
- Proven track record of delivering high-quality results in a timely manner, including consecutively exceeding past sales quotas
- Deep understanding of multiple facets of retailer, agency and consumer products with prior experience selling into marketing, shopper or consumer insights
- Deep understanding of the sales process with the ability to engage senior level executives in strategic meetings to ensure top down alignment regarding strategy and objectives
- Skilled at building and managing customer relationships, including stakeholder management
- Strong oral, written, and presentation skills
- Understanding of household panel data (NPD, Nielsen and/or IRI) is a plus
- Microsoft Office expertise (Powerpoint, Excel, Word)
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree (preferred) with 5+ years relevant experience
- A minimum of 5 years of software sales experience, selling into consumer products and retailers, in the functional areas of Brand Marketing, Market Research, Category Management, and/or Shopper & Consumer Insights
- Working knowledge of NPD, Nielsen or IRI data/solutions is a plus
- Working knowledge of enterprise software applications and services designed for the retail and consumer goods industries is highly valued (e.g., Nielsen, IRI, NPD, Dunnhumby)
- Functional knowledge of Salesforce.com and its use for updating accounts, opportunities, and deal stages
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.