Head of Product Management
Advanced | Product Management | ., England
Head of Product Management – Health and Care
The Team and Role
Senior position with Advanced Health & Care Product Team, heading up a subset of the Advanced Health and Care product set with significant strategic responsibility for the development and enhancement of products, through the use and application of emerging technologies in a business context. Is seen internally and externally as a product leader with a clear strategy for the future development of their product portfolio. Shares expertise with colleagues and others, offers mentoring and guidance to others and is a lead contributor individually to strategic direction for the Health & Care business.
In this role you will:
- Provide support and
leadership for Product Managers within Health and Care Product Management,
to ensure that the team is able to effectively:
- Realise the strategic vision for products
- Ensure products evolve to meet current and future business needs.
- Develop a thorough understanding of customer needs within the target market segment and key market dynamics, in terms of market size and segmentation, the competitive and legislative environments, technology trends and other influences for specified products.
- Undertake competitor reviews and analysis to determine commercial positioning and potential targets for acquisition
- Produce and maintain clear and well-defined market requirement documents and product roadmap documents for specified products and their positioning within the overall business offerings
o Maintain solution strategies, roadmaps and pricing models that meet medium to long-term requirements both in terms of product direction, marketing and revenue.
· Work closely with R&D to determine the best method of delivering against product roadmaps and its deliveries, including the specification of the content of deliveries and the management of risk through formal management techniques.
· Hold regular meetings with internal/external departments and suppliers to review product/service development, manage progress against strategic objectives, day to day issue resolution and risk management
- Support the business case preparation through the identification of key project tasks, deliverables, manpower, costing and forecasts for expenditure and revenue opportunity.
- Provide support to the Health & Care Division when working with customers or Business Partners – this could include presenting the product roadmap, running customer focus groups and demonstrating the product.
- Collaborate with peers to ensure shared best practice across the department, e.g. external market analysis, pricing models, positioning and strategy methodologies.
- Collaborate across the whole of the business, to influence product direction and to help the company as a whole achieve its goals, e.g. recommendation to the business team on the feasibility of future strategy, and the direction that future strategic development should take.
- Represent Health & Care Product Management at business meetings, providing advice and updates on product/service progress.
- Work with business teams from around the business to commit to product launch and that there is satisfactory sign off throughout the commercial life cycle by all parties
The Head of Product Management role would particularly suit someone with:
- Proven leadership and people management skills
- A background in the development and/or delivery of complex software systems
- An ability to communicate effectively with various technical disciplines within a software business
- Experience of software delivery in varied commercial environments
- Experience of the healthcare software industry would be useful but not essential
Reimagine your Future by Joining the Advanced Team
We hire for potential, and develop at pace.
Advanced are a different sort of employer. Recruiting people with potential, our focus is on what you might be capable of achieving. We look for aspiration and passionately believe that your individual personality and core strengths are what can make you right for us. We want you to learn, to discover, to experiment, to make a difference.
With a £225m turnover, 16,000 customers and 2,200 employees we pride ourselves on delivering focused software solutions for the public sector, enterprise commercial and health & care organisations that simplify complex business challenges and deliver immediate value.
Some of our Key Benefits from day one are:
- Generous Annual Leave - 25 days annual leave plus localised public holidays, with the ability to buy additional days
- Advanced Perks At Work - Exclusive employee discount programme providing access to enhanced offers at high street retailers (including John Lewis, Tesco, Apple and Asos), discounted rates for cinema and theatre tickets, accommodation and travel bookings
- Stunning office locations across 5 key hubs
- Charity Fundraising - Proud to be a Patron of The Prince's Trust
- Dedicated talent development team to help your Advanced career progress
- Top Achievers Club – our internal award scheme recognising excellence in our Advanced colleagues
- Pension Scheme (up to 5% matched contribution)
- Life insurance - 4 times salary Income protection insurance
- Childcare voucher (salary sacrifice)
- Cycle to work scheme (salary sacrifice)
- Employee assistance programme
Why should you apply? Advanced are different – we hire for potential and develop at pace so if you can reimagine your future in a vibrant, growing company we would like to hear from you. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to removing bias from the hiring process. If your application is successful, you will initially be required to take an online assessment, undertake a telephone interview with the HR team and attend a final interview. Do not hesitate, apply now and a member of our in-house talent acquisition team will be in touch!