Director, Solution Engineer
PowerSchool | Sales | US - Remote-based, CA
The Solution Strategy Director creates, promotes and drives product verticals in the market, helps with forecast and pipeline projections and also curate high quality, differentiated discovery. They service sales with multiple customers or large/strategic opportunities as a Solution Lead where large or complex solutions are required. They provide customer groups guidance and leadership helping them utilize PowerSchool Products to the fullest and in turn provide insight and strategy to help shape future product development.
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Be an excellent communicator, including group presentations, written, verbal, and interpersonal skills
• Coach team to develop product and technical skills necessary to meet and exceed established objectives
• Balance need for technical sales support with the need for ongoing training
• Participate with Solution Engineers and Sales on customer calls that require complex cross-departmental involvement, management, experience and perspective
• Coordinate with other departments to resolve product or other issues that may jeopardize sales opportunities
• Ability to propose products and technologies to create effective solutions for Sales’ needs • Drive the profit and loss (P&L) for assigned product vertical
• Work with customer groups and educators at user group conferences, other events, and often a keynote or prominent speaker at the user driven events.
• Other duties as assigned
To be considered for and to perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty and responsibility satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
• Bachelor's Degree or equivalent
• Minimum 7 years’ experience in a Sales or Sales Management role, Solution Engineering role or equivalent including 3 years’ experience with like product line in Sales or Solution Engineering capacity
• Must have a high degree of technical expertise and understanding, and at the same time be a great communicator
• Must be able to work very well with others, this role requires a significant amount of collaboration with others across various organization departments
• Must be able to be independent and proactive within the direction of the Sales Team objectives
• Must be able to thrive and adapt in an environment that is sometimes ambiguous or difficult to define as we cross multiple division and product/services boundaries in the solutions we take to market