Numerator | Engineering | Ottawa, Ontario
The Numerator Cloud Platform team is growing!
We're looking for a motivated Cloud Engineer to join our team and help us build our ever-expanding Cloud Platform. Here's a few examples of the technologies you'll be working with: Infrastructure-as-Code via Terraform. Automated Host Provisioning via Ansible and Ansible Tower. Log Aggregation and Analytics via SumoLogic. Metrics/APM via DataDog and Prometheus/Grafana. Containerization via ECR+ Rancher - and soon through Kubernetes. CI/CD via CircleCI/AppVeyor, GemFury, and Shipit. All source-controlled via Git. As part of the Cloud DevOps Platform team you will share responsibility for maintaining, automating, securing, and growing our AWS hosted ecosystem’s scalability, reliability, and overall performance.
This position is high impact and high growth within the DevOps career path. An ideal candidate will be a self-starting developer with a passion for DevOps in a rapidly growing company.
- Maintain and improve automation resources, using existing build-systems that leverage HashiCorp Packer, Terraform, Redhat Ansible, and AWS technologies
- Maintain and expand our various CI/CD solutions using CircleCI, Appveyor, GemFury, Shipit, and Ansible Tower
- Assist teams to improve self-healing and self-service cloud-based ecosystems in an evolving AWS infrastructure
- Identify system and application design changes that further enhance our cloud platforms
- Co-manage efficient monitoring & alerting for all of our backend production intra-team services and systems
- Participation with our DevOps On-call rotation schedule
- Minimum: 3+ years working in a cloud environment such as AWS, Google Cloud, or Azure
- Minimum: 3+ years working in a backend Software Developer or DevOps related role.
- Minimum: Strong analytical, diagnostic, and problem solving skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, comfortable working within a small fast-paced DevOps team
- Excellent documentation and summary skills for use within Atlassian Confluence (Wiki), Jira (Tickets), and general Process Creation
- Experience with configuration management tools such as Chef/Puppet/Ansible
- Experience with typical Linux scripting, diagnostic, and service tools (BASH, sed/awk, sar, systemd/journald)
- Experience with relational and non-relational databases such as PostgreSQL and MongoDB
- Experience with Source Control systems such as Git
- Bonus: Knowledge/Application of the SRE core concepts
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.