Advanced | Pre-Sales | Birmingham, England
IT Services is the infrastructure, IT outsourcing and cloud hosting division of Advanced. The team delivers solutions to business requirements in a changing technological landscape. With our customers relying on our knowledge & expertise within IT Services, our Solution Architects’ help to make the complex simple, as we become one of the UK technology industry’s success stories. We’re growing fast and building an exciting future.
The Solution Architect will support sales for both new business and existing customers via the Account Management team. An understanding of a number of market verticals and technologies is needed to deliver solutions to our customers.
What you'll be doing
- The Solution Architect is responsible for building and costing the technical elements of the service
- The Solution Architect may also cost the service elements of managed services solutions, which include the resource based elements of the services
- Interact with customers to identify add-on sales opportunities, which creates sustainable value and growth to the customer and Advanced
What you'll be good at
- Ability to work as a technology specialist within End user computing, understand network infrastructure and system characteristics, have vision of customer needs and be able to identify creative solutions
- Proof of concept creation
- Supporting the sales team with bids and opportunities, acting as a point of expertise
What we'd like you to bring
- The Solution Architect will have experience of resolving complex technical, strategic and business issues
- Deep technical understanding of end user computing, cloud, networking, storage and all prominent areas of IT outsourcing
- Translating customer requirements into solutions
- Experience in attending meetings with clients to determine technical and business requirements, and ensuring that all necessary information is collated prior to producing a solution
Reimagine your Future by Joining the Advanced Team
We hire for potential, and develop at pace.
Advanced are a different sort of employer. Recruiting people with potential, our focus is on what you might be capable of achieving. We look for aspiration and passionately believe that your individual personality and core strengths are what can make you right for us. We want you to learn, to discover, to experiment, to make a difference.
With a £225m turnover, 16,000 customers and 2,200 employees we pride ourselves on delivering focused software solutions for the public sector, enterprise commercial and health & care organisations that simplify complex business challenges and deliver immediate value.
Some of our Key Benefits from day oneare:
- Generous Annual Leave - 25 days annual leave plus localised public holidays, with the ability to buy additional days
- Stunning office locations across 5 key hubs
- Charity Fundraising - Proud to be a Patron of The Prince's Trust
- Dedicated talent development team to help your Advanced career progress
- Top Achievers Club – our internal award scheme recognising excellence in our Advanced colleagues
- Pension Scheme (up to 5% matched contribution)
- Life insurance x 4 times salary
- Income protection insurance
- Childcare voucher (salary sacrifice)
- Cycle to work scheme (salary sacrifice)
- Employee assistance programme
Why should you apply? Advanced are different – we hire for potential and develop at pace so if you can reimagine your future in a vibrant growing company we would like to hear from you. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to removing bias from the hiring process.
If your application is successful, you will initially be required to take an online assessment, undertake a telephone interview with the HR team and attend a final interview. Do not hesitate, apply now and a member of our in-house talent acquisition team will be in touch!