Director, IT Business Systems
Vista Equity Partners | Information Technology | Austin, TX
The Director, IT Business Systems is responsible for development, maintenance, and support for business systems across all Vista Equity business units. In this role, you will oversee the business applications teams responsible for private equity, credit, public equity, and corporate functions.
This individual will have a diversified background of IT & functional experience, demonstrated project management acumen and excellent vendor management skills, be a strong people leader, in addition to a holistic, service-oriented approach to business relationship management. As a member of the IT Leadership Team, the role contributes to the development and execution of the overall IT strategy and ensures its alignment with Vista Equity Partner’s business strategy.
This is an exciting opportunity to drive the future state of Vista Equity Partner’s applications landscape. Taking an end user point of view, you will work with other technology and business stakeholders to develop an innovative roadmap to transform the way Vista works.
- Provide leadership, vision and direction to the applications organization to ensure it will contribute to Vista Equity achieving its goals.
- Work with CIO and other IT leaders to develop overall IT strategy in the context of the business strategy.
- Develop productive relationships with business leaders across the organization to influence how applications can enable new sources of value.
- Develop and enhance methodologies and practices for the application life cycle management in line with best practice and practical experience of continuous improvement.
- Manage applications group personnel, developing their skills and capabilities to meet the needs of the organization, as well as building on existing recruiting capabilities to address new needs and skills gaps.
- Implement and manage application life cycle management status reporting, metrics and benchmarks.
- Manage relationships with major vendors and service providers to ensure they cost-effectively meet the needs of the organization.
- Fosters a business-oriented culture and mindset driven by continual service improvement techniques.
- Work with infrastructure and operations teams to ensure coordination of IT changes without impacting business processes.
- Build and maintain relationships with other IT leaders to develop a clear understanding of business needs; ensures cost-effective delivery of IT services to meet those needs and is able to respond with agility to changing business priorities.
- Develop and control the IT Business Systems annual operating and capital expenditure budget and manage expenses to stay within plan.
- Develop and enforce proper controls for PO and Invoicing for Business Systems spend.
- Participate in the assessment of external and internal technology capabilities with a focus on suitability for integration with the existing IT environment.
- Develop and enforce proper security controls for administration and use of all Business Systems platforms.
- Bachelor's or master's degree in computer science, information systems, business administration or related field, or equivalent work experience
- Ten or more years of IT experience
- Financial Services industry experience preferred
- Five years of progressive leadership responsibilities
- Effectively manage cross-functional teams and influencing key stakeholders
- Ability to show discretion and poise in all situations
- Strong attention to detail, follow-up and excellent organizational skills
- Ability to treat sensitive/confidential information appropriately
- Strong sense of urgency, adaptability, flexibility and resourcefulness
- The ability to function professionally under pressure, while managing multiple concurrent projects and deadlines
- Must possess personal tact, discretion and good judgment. Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Afterhours availability and travel are required
ABOUT VISTA EQUITY PARTNERS
Vista Equity Partners is a leading private equity firm focused on investing in software and technology-enabled businesses. With over $40 billion in cumulative capital commitments, Vista seeks to partner with world-class management teams looking to reach their full potential. We understand the software business model and have developed specific operational improvements (the "Vista VBPs") to create value, and we combine this operational capability and understanding with a unique, long-term perspective. This combination encourages optimal business decisions, enables the pursuit of operational excellence, and drives maximum value creation for all shareholders.