Software Engineer, Labs
CentralSquare Technologies | Development | Greensboro, NC
The Central Square Labs team is seeking a software engineer to join the team in building new, innovative solutions for public safety and administration. You will work with a team of engineers, data scientists, UI/UX designers, and product managers to create cloud-based applications that use data analysis and machine learning to support new capabilities across the Central Square product line. You have experience working on a high performing team and want to iteratively craft user-centric solutions that are both scalable and supportable. Your entrepreneurial energy and desire to have an impact in society make you challenge the status quo and strive to apply new tools and approaches to solve difficult problems.
About Central Square Labs
The innovation Lab at Central Square is a new team tasked with prototyping and scaling new, emerging solutions to support the broader Central Square mission of improving communities through our public safety and administration solutions. As a new team, we are ramping up our engineering efforts with a focus on creating cloud-based data analysis pipelines that use machine learning to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of government agencies. For instance: How can machine learning make police patrols more efficient and equitable? How do we craft ML models that are not only accurate but also fair and transparent? How do we deliver ML services to other teams in a supportable and scalable manner? If these questions speak to you, then the Labs team is the right environment in which to answer them.
What You’ll Do
· Build and maintain data processing and analytic pipelines and software
· Troubleshoot and resolve bugs
· Work independently to research new technologies and propose solutions
· Collaborate with data scientists to support feature engineering, model testing, and production roll-outs
· Collaborate with product managers to execute upon the product vision
You Should Have
· 2+ years of software development experience
· Proficiency in Python
· Proficiency in processing tabular data (e.g. Pandas / R / Spark dataframes)
You Get Extra Points For
· Degrees relevant to Computer Science, Mathematics, and Machine Learning
· Experience with Machine Learning (especially NLP and deep learning) and related tools (such as Tensorflow, Pytorch, and Sci-kit Learn).
· Experience using big data analytics platforms such as Dask or Apache Spark
· Experience using Amazon Web Services to craft multi-tenant, scalable solutions