TIBCO | 50300 Composite Support | Chapel Hill, NC
TIBCO Data Virtualization has transformed the way enterprises cope with complex IT environments, bringing profitable growth, risk reduction and unprecedented levels of productivity and effectiveness to enterprises worldwide.
- Does the prospect of working with cutting edge data virtualization software excite you?
- Do you enjoy troubleshooting technical issues to a deep level to bring complex issues to resolution?
- Do you obtain satisfaction from helping customers solve problems?
- Are you passionate about continuously seeking opportunities to learn more to stay up to date with the latest technology trends?
- Would you like to work with a team that delivers an outstanding customer support experience while consistently striving to enhance the product and processes?
If yes, we have an opening within our TIBCO Data Virtualization Support Group at our Chapel Hill, North Carolina location. You will be joining a team where colleagues with different competencies work closely together to solve challenging tasks. There are always engaged people with lots of commitment and energy around you. Our office is located in Chapel Hill which is home to the University of North Carolina. Franklin Street is lined with shops and restaurants. You will find an energetic, welcoming and informal work environment that supports collaboration and creativity to make success happen.
Starting from your first day, we will provide you with support to get to know the company, the people and your working tasks through an on-boarding program. A mentor will also be assigned to you, and will continue to work directly with you throughout your onboarding period, which typically lasts for several months.
At TIBCO we value a diverse workforce.We offer an attractive compensation and benefit package as well as continuous opportunities to grow. TIBCO provides flexible working hours, great location, a work environment with energetic and dynamic technology leaders. We enjoy periodic downtime where we play some games or just hang out and enjoy complimentary fresh fruit, snacks and drinks.
Please note you must have full working rights for the country you are applying for.
If on a work permit or visa, please make sure the details along with expiry date are included on your application.
Applications and CVs MUST be in English.
TIBCO is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, or age.
You will be focused on data access, data management, and database administration related cases, such as assisting customers with accessing data from various data sources, and with troubleshooting and optimizing data access, as well as with preparing data for analysis, and with the actual data analysis in Data Virtualization Studio client.
- Collecting all relevant information to fully understand customer issues to be able to troubleshoot, isolate, and resolve in a timely manner
- Systematically analyzing Data Virtualization native log files and third-party log files to understand/describe chains of events
- Setting up test environments to replicate customer environments and reproduce customer issues
- Troubleshooting and assisting customers with accessing data from various data sources (e.g. relational databases, web services, …)
- Assisting customers with optimizing data access performance, such as reviewing SQL queries and/or analyzing data transfer and suggesting improvements
- Providing guidance and troubleshooting issues related to data analysis/visualization
- When needed, analyzing network traffic to understand problems, using tools like Wireshark, Fiddler, and web browser debugging tools
- Making use of the Data Virtualization product source code in case troubleshooting, such as looking up an error message in Java code to understand its context
- Closely collaborating with team members in both local and remote support teams, as well as members of the Product Development and Product Management departments, in solving complex support cases
- Mentoring and training less senior members of the team, e.g. by coaching them in case troubleshooting or by providing knowledge transfer/training sessions
- Creating customer self-service content, e.g. in the form of knowledge base articles, community forum posts and videos.
- Participating in side-projects aimed at improving our processes and tools, and the usability, supportability and quality of products being supported.