Technical Integration Consultant (Higher Ed)
PowerSchool | Higher Education | Austin, TX
The Implementation Consultant works under minimal supervision as a member of the Professional Services Team. It provides dedicated implementation services to our clients and requires a unique combination of technical, customer relations and project management skills. This position works closely with colleagues on the Support, Services, Product and Development teams within People Admin, a division of PowerSchool. It also is a subject matter expert to provide a deeper understanding of education concepts, learner needs, client requirements, and product functionality. Through having knowledge of the tools available and how they work together, the primary responsibility is to ensure we implement the best possible solutions for the customer.
Duties and Responsibilities
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Function as the designated resource in conjunction with the Deployment Project Manager and/or Manager, Professional Services and other team members on customer/new license implementation activities.
- Liaison with Deployment Project Manager and the client for the duration of the implementation process.
- Travel to client sites, train and implement software; including conversion analysis, pre- implementation planning, pre-training and customer service. Upon completion of services, prepare and document project outcome.
- Deliver customer-requested training or consulting sessions on software modules- (remote or on-site). Prepare and document business specifications and project outcome and deliver on service opportunities as assigned.
- Promote additional add-on products and services to clients. Seek service opportunities.
- Configure and participate in product demonstrations. Write, edit and maintain documentation for products, support, and services. Documentation may include, but is not limited to: product manuals, release notes, client communication, setup guides, FAQ’s, training videos and training materials.
- Conduct internal product quality control testing when required.
- All other duties as assigned
To be considered for and to perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty and responsibility satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
- Qualifications include:
Bachelor’s degree in Business, Computer Science, or equivalent experience
- 2-4 year’s prior experience; experience in Higher Education a plus
- Experience with Customer Relationship Management database concepts (Salesforce is a plus)
- Experience with Technical Support Operations process development is a plus
- Polished communication skills (verbal and written), with a professional demeanor
- Highly organized with strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Consistently meet deadlines, manage workload independently and execute under pressure
- Valid driver’s license with proof of insurability
- Moderate to frequent travel