Marketing Development Representative
DealerSocket | Marketing | Dallas, TX
DealerSocket is a leading provider of software for the automotive industry. Our mission is to drive the future of automotive, by simplifying the experience for its customers and partners with a suite of seamlessly integrated products. DealerSocket’s suite of products includes advanced Customer Relationship Management (CRM), innovative Digital Marketing and Websites, robust Vehicle Inventory Management, insightful Analytics Reporting, and solutions to streamline dealer operations such as Desking, Credit Reporting, Compliance, and a Dealer Management System (DMS) for dealers of all sizes. To put it simply: we help dealers sell and service vehicles more profitably, while improving their customers’ experience. The DealerSocket Team is more than 1,000 employees strong, serving nearly 8,000 dealerships. Visit careers.dealersocket.com to learn more about how you can join our winning team!
As a Market Development Representative (MDR), you will be the first line of contact for sales. The MDR will qualify and develop Marketing Qualified Leads by contacting prospects through outbound calls and targeted emails. The ideal candidate has strong interpersonal skills, is self-motivated, comfortable on the phone, and passionate about the sales process. At DealerSocket, you will work in a results-driven, team-oriented environment with potential to advance your career in a rapidly-growing software company.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Proactively contact prospects through outbound calls and emails to identify their business needs and qualify them for sales follow-up
- Effectively communicate the benefits that the DealerSocket solution-suite can provide to potential customers
- Build strong business relationships with key decision makers at car dealerships across the United States and Canada
- Utilize Salesforce.com to ensure standard processes are followed during lead qualification, opportunity creation, and assignment
- Partner closely with the sales and marketing organizations for campaign alignment
- Must be enthusiastic, outgoing, and have high energy
- Self-motivated and results-driven individual
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, ambitious environment
- Ability to learn technical aspects of DealerSocket solutions
- Passionate about the sales process
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in business, marketing, or sales
- 1-3 years prior sales development or inside sales experience, preferably within software
- Experience with Salesforce.com and Microsoft Office
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Comfortable making several phone-calls a day
Work is performed in a normal office setting with minimal exposure to health or safety hazards; substantial time is spent working on a computer.