Project Manager (Higher Ed)
PowerSchool | Higher Education | Austin, TX
The Deployment Project Manager provides leadership for the implementation and deployment of PeopleAdmin systems software. This role has the overall responsibility for delivering and supporting the implementation of multiple projects, with sub-projects of varying scope and size to organizations. This customer-facing position manages various functions in delivery of software and service solutions to ensure accurate and timely completion with high customer satisfaction. This position is involved with implementation assignments, consultation and related deliverables while ensuring high quality and high customer satisfaction throughout the implementation effort.
Essential duties and responsibilities
- Leadership - Drives and facilitates decision-making and consensus among key stakeholders (program and technical) at the local district. Serves as project team lead, guiding the work of internal and client teams while ensuring responsiveness to customer needs. Is accountable for overall performance and delivery of defined services scope of work. Develops relationships and works with key district and school stakeholders (e.g., program and technical leadership staff) to identify and articulate project goals and objectives; ensures all tasks and decisions align to goals and objectives. Applies project management methodology to all projects, including setting expectations and managing to scope.
- Capacity Planning - Schedules service projects; evaluates and balances capacity and maximizes utilization. Effectively allocates and manages project resources across all areas to create a successful unified deployment of individual products
- Communication – Communicates project status and/or changes to project plans to the organization. Liaises with clients; Sets expectations and provides status updates regarding project work. Leads scheduled meetings. Coordinates process mapping, data migration. Acts as escalation point for reconciliation of customer satisfaction issues. Acts as liaison on customer’s behalf to internal business units (e.g., sales, business operations, implementation, product education, technical support). Communicates with stakeholders in an effective, professional manner throughout the duration of the implementation effort.
- Product Knowledge – develops knowledge and maintains understanding of PowerSchool applications, client business processes and how they are built out in a unified deployment.
- Project Management - Creates and maintains project plans for designated areas. Maintains all project documentation including accurate records of individual implementation project deliverables/work products, status and issues. Uses industry standard project management methodologies to track progress, manage risk and coordinate resources.
- Strategy - Assists in the development and management of the processes and procedures associated with project deliverables. Provides direction for and coordinates efforts of all cross-functional project team members. Collaborates with Sales Team to actively identify additional products and services with existing customers; manages change control process as necessary. Understands and supports internal and partner vendor implementations, involving services.
- Status Reporting - Keeping the necessary parties up to date on the status of your project/engagements and escalating as appropriate.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Education or related field or equivalent experience
- 3-5 years’ project management or project coordinator experience
- Experience working in Higher Education and/or Government large-scale, technology implementations
- Familiarity with accounting, payroll, or business practices, including an understanding of relational databases, and experience with SQL and SAAS systems.
- Strong Microsoft Excel knowledge and use of working with data sets, reports and charts and budget information. Ability to do VLOOKUP’s and utilize excel functions.
- Experience writing reports using Crystal, Cognos, or similar reporting tool a plus.
- Subject matter expertise in at least one of PowerSchool’s current software solutions.
- MS Project or SmartSheets working knowledge
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong communication skills: written, verbal, and personally able to quickly build and maintain rapport with others
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects, priorities and adapt to continual change in a fast-paced environment
- Must be proactive, action-oriented, and motivating
- Ability to drive consensus, facilitate solutions, and build options/alternatives
- PMP and/or CSM certification, required