Human Resources Business Partner
PowerSchool | G&A | Austin, TX
The HR business partner (HRBP) position is responsible for aligning business objectives with employees and management in designated business units. The position serves as a consultant to management on human resource related issues with support and guidance of the Director. The successful HRBP acts as an employee champion and change agent. The role assesses and anticipates talent-related needs. Communicating needs proactively with our Talent department and business management, the HRBP seeks to develop integrated solutions. The position formulates partnerships across the Talent/HR function to deliver value-added service to management and employees that reflects the business objectives of the organization. The position may include international human resource responsibilities. The HRBP maintains an effective level of business literacy about the business unit's financial position, its mid-range plans, its culture and its competition.
Duties and Responsibilities
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Contribute to the business strategy by helping identify, prioritize, and build organizational capabilities, behaviors, structures, and processes
- Support line management in forecasting and planning the talent pipeline requirements in line with the function/business strategy
- Conducts regular meetings with respective business units.
- Consults with line management, providing HR/Talent Management guidance when appropriate.
- Analyzes trends and metrics in partnership with the Talent Management group to develop solutions, programs and policies.
- Manages and resolves complex employee relations issues. Conducts effective, thorough and objective investigations.
- Review and benchmark the internal and external environment to improve HR/Talent Management policies and initiatives to enhance overall business performance.
- Identify and drive the communication and sharing of learning across functions to facilitate continuous improvement
- Maintains in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees, reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance. Partners with the legal department as needed/required.
- Provides day-to-day performance management guidance to line management (e.g., coaching, counseling, career development, disciplinary actions).
- Champions and supports OKR process partnering with departmental champions to support progress and successful goal attainment.
- Works closely with management and employees to improve work relationships, build morale, and increase productivity and retention.
- Provides policy guidance and interpretation.
- Works with management on creating recommendations for promotions and transfers, provide consultation to ensure alignment with PowerSchool philosophies and consistency.
- May assist international employees with expatriate assignments and related HR/Talent Management matters.
- Provides guidance and input on business unit restructures, workforce planning and succession planning.
- Identifies training needs for business units and individual executive coaching needs.
- Participates in evaluation and monitoring of training programs to ensure success. Follows up to ensure training objectives are met.
- Minimum of 4 to 7 years’ experience resolving complex employee relations issues
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration or related field and relevant industry experience
- HR Certified Professional credential or ability to obtain certification within one year of employment
- Knowledge of sound business practices
- Understands of the commercial business and processes and the link between Talent strategy and business strategy
- Ensures that Talent Management services are provided as appropriate to internal client needs, identifies new opportunities where Talent can add value, and maintains leading-edge knowledge of Talent issues
- Understands employee opinions, monitors the effect of business decisions on people, and advises senior management on addressing employees’ concerns
- Effectively applies performance management to create a high-performance culture
- Working knowledge of multiple human resources disciplines, including compensation practices, organizational diagnosis, employee and union relations, diversity, performance management, and federal and state respective employment laws.
- Applies employee relations and employment practices in order to create a positive, ethical, effective work environment
- Global & Cultural Awareness
- Great communication
- Relationship management skills
- Ability to consult managers and employees
- Ability to develop clear, actionable steps from overall strategy
- Ability to engage, inspire, and influence people
- Ability to travel, including internationally, up to 25% of the time
- Team player
- Customer service orientation
- Basic project management skills