Senior Cloud Engineer
EagleView Technologies | Development | Austin, TX
***THIS IS A WORK FROM HOME POSITION***
We are currently looking for a Senior Cloud Engineer to join our team. As a senior member of our Cloud Operations team you will be responsible for the development of EagleView’s distributed processing platform. You are able to take advantage of your experience in the cloud in order to contribute and provide guidance to our engineering teams as they continue to create new applications and services. This includes the adoption of cloud native services, application of distributed processing design patterns, and the implementation of fully automated CI/CD pipelines. You will also assist with the development and configuration of services to improve the operational stability and observability of EagleView’s systems and software.
Our ideal candidate is one who is passionate about their career and has been successful in similar roles. As a member of an agile team, you’ll participate in all aspects of software development lifecycle. You must be able to work well in a highly collaborative setting and be inclined to find creative or innovative solutions to complex challenges. The person hired will have the opportunity to work closely with our machine learning technologies, image and geospatial data while developing and maintaining a scalable computing system.
- Develop and maintain a cloud-based distributed computing system which the scalability of our internal processes and products rely on.
- Assist with the application of best practices around CI/CD processes in the cloud. Including provisioning through IaC, and container orchestration.
- Implement solutions to help support and provide insight into the operational status and efficiency of EagleView systems.
- Perform as an individual contributor to the software development teams as necessary.
- Stay up-to-date with current technology trends.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Graduate or Undergraduate degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Computer Engineering.
- Professional experience in developing and maintaining distributed applications.
- A minimum of 3 years experience developing using clouds service providers such as AWS, Azure, or Google Cloud.
- At least 2 year of experience with container based development and orchestration platforms (Kubernetes, ECS, Docker Swarm).
- Knowledge of RESTful APIs and development patterns associated.
- Familiarity with common large scale data storage systems and data warehouses (Hadoop, S3, Azure Block Storage, Redshift etc.).
- Object oriented programming experience (C++, Python, Java) with good software development practices.
- Fluency in Linux operating systems.
EagleView® offers competitive pay and robust benefit plans along with the opportunity to grow your career in a fast-paced, fun and casual environment.
EagleView and its subsidiaries are committed to leveraging the talent of a diverse workforce to create great opportunities for our business and our people. EOE/AA. Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran.