Sales Controller/Deal Desk Manager
TIBCO | 70600 Sales Operations - Americas | Falls Church, VA
The Sales Operations team is the link between corporate and the field that assists Sales Management and Sales Account Executives in achieving both short and long term corporate revenue and commercial goals through the practical application of revenue principles and policies. The Sales Operations Manager position will report directly to the Director - Sales Operations for TIBCO.
- Proactively partnering with Sales Account Executives to assist with the commercial structuring and negotiation to overcome objections, while ensuring that corporate goals are met and principles adhered to
- Understanding of the technical accounting guidance for revenue recognition (ASC606 is a plus) and the practical application to software, subscription and SaaS license arrangements
- Working with the legal team to ensure that sales contracts accurately represent the commercial agreement while adhering to revenue recognition principles
- Review and approve sales orders and contracts to ensure compliance with company standards for deal desk, booking and revenue recognition.
- Working across departments within the organization to facilitate the closing of deals
- Sales forecasting and reporting and SFDC deal hygiene reviews
- Develop and deliver training on processes, deal structures and SFDC
- Understand product offerings and related value-propositions
- Review monthly revenue and bookings reports from compensation team and reconcile with Salesforce.com to ensure proper crediting to Sales Reps and regions.
- Assist with preparation of management reports on key metrics such as sales attainment vs. quota, pipeline/forecasting, hygiene, sales activity measurement, subscription renewal rates, upsell, attrition, etc.
- Other special projects as required.
- Travel is a minor component of this role (5%). Occasional travel to sales meetings and participation in team projects and initiatives may be required.