Entry Level Software Engineer (JAVA)
Regulatory DataCorp | Information Technology | King of Prussia, PA
Entry Level Software Engineer (Java)
Calling all recent college grads and programming Extraordinaires looking to break into a phenomenal development career for a growing regulatory technology “RegTech” company. RegTech is a newer field within the financial services industry that utilizes information technology to enhance regulatory processes.
As a software engineer, you’ll work in an Agile, collaborative environment to understand requirements, design, code, and test innovative applications, and support those applications for our highly valued customers. Work as a part of a growing team that is focused on software development supporting a proven enterprise platform.
The ideal candidate will be self-motivated, an independent worker, polished, and have good communication skills. A positive attitude with the ability to prioritize tasks in a fast-paced and fluid work environment is imperative for this role. Strong attention to detail, flexibility, and interpersonal astuteness are key factors for the position.
- Assist in design, development, implementation, and analysis of technical products and systems.
- Perform simple and routine engineering design tasks with standard techniques.
- Assist more senior engineers in the preparation of plans, designs, computation methods and reports.
- Support quality development practices and pursue new and better ways to build software.
- Understand and follow emerging design to appropriately meet the business needs of our clients.
- Use what works while keeping an eye out for new and better ways.
- Actively participate in improving the code base by performing code reviews.
- Reach outside the mainstream to adopt the best of all communities: open source, programming, etc.
- Continuously improve and don't be content with the status quo -- code can always be better expressed, more elegant and simple, and higher in quality.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science
- 0-2 years related experience (including internships and/or cooperative work experience)
- Software Development Experience in developing object-oriented (OOP) software applications. This could be C#, Java, VB.NET, Python
- Problem Solving Skills
- Experience with one or more of the following application frameworks: Spring, Struts, Ibatis
- Experience with open-source relational database management system MySQL
- Java experience required
- Experience implementing functionality using one or more of the following:
o SOAP and/or REST messaging protocol
o SVN (Apache Subversion) software versioning and revision control system
- Knowledge of server application containers: Tomcat, Jetty, JBoss
- Cloud experience a plus – AWS