AR/PR Strategist II
CentralSquare Technologies | Sales & Marketing | Lake Mary, FL
The Analyst/Public Relations Strategist is responsible for cultivating media and analyst relations for CentralSquare Technologies and its software and services. This person is responsible for developing and executing media and analyst engagements that help drive an overall increase in media share and industry analyst awareness, maximize positive positioning of the CentralSquare brand and advance the company’s overall business objectives.
This is a unique opportunity to play a significant role in building the brand of one of the top public sector software companies in North America. CentralSquare provides the broadest, smartest and most unified software suite that powers all aspects of managing local government. Our technology platform provides solutions for public safety and public administration agencies and serves 3 in 4 citizens across North America.
Are you a skilled and persuasive communicator with intellectual curiosity and a “can-do” mindset? We’re looking for candidates who have the skills to plan and execute campaign initiatives and be flexible and decisive while keeping projects moving forward. Reporting to the Communications Leader, this position is part of the Marketing team, which oversees product, digital and account-based marketing; business development; social media; and AR/PR/corporate communications. Candidates should enjoy collaborating with others and be comfortable working in a highly creative, dynamic and high-energy environment.
In this role you will...
- Oversee the development and execution of AR/PR communications strategies and initiatives
- Manage daily media and analyst relations activities. This includes cultivating productive relationships with industry influencers, uncovering opportunities, developing briefing materials, crafting compelling pitches and more
- Keep pulse of key business and product strategies across the organization, as well as industry issues and trends, and provide counsel to ensure strategies and messaging are on point
- Work with Marketing leadership to ensure alignment of AR/PR communications across teams
- Manage executive briefing engagements, including booking and coordination of opportunities, development of presentation content and more
- Collaborate with other areas of Marketing – including product marketing, social media and other PR functions – to develop and execute integrated campaigns
- Work cross-functionally across the organization to identify opportunities, implement campaigns and ensure alignment
- Manage the day-to-day relationship with the external PR agency
- Be willing to take on additional responsibilities as needed
This role is right for you if you have...
- A Bachelor’s degree in journalism, public relations, communications or a related field
- 3-5 years of AR/PR communications experience
- Experience working at or with Gartner, Forrester, IDC or another analyst is a major advantage
- Experience working with technology organizations; experience in enterprise technology, cloud applications or the public sector a plus
- Experience working directly with executive leadership and the ability to engage with people at all levels of the organization
- Proven track record of building and running strategic communications programs and supporting multiple business units
- A relentless focus on results, operate well under pressure, and are fearless in setting and managing expectations
- Experience working with the media and industry analysts, with established relationships with business and technology contacts preferred
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, writing and project management skills with strong attention to detail
- A natural understanding of metrics and data
- Creative thinking and problem-solving abilities, and can translate big ideas into successful messages that drive results
- Confidence and ability to use exceptional judgment in making strategic decisions
- Ability to work in an open, collaborative, fast-paced environment
- A positive attitude and are an enthusiastic, flexible team player