QA Analyst II
CentralSquare Technologies | Development | Sioux Falls, SD
We are a seeking a highly analytical, detail-oriented individual to perform quality assurance testing for our suite of public safety software products. CentralSquare software solutions are used around the clock by a broad customer base in mission-critical settings (police, sheriffs, dispatch, and corrections), so it goes without saying that our software must be high in quality, easy to use, and reliable. And that’s where you come in. As a Quality Assurance Analyst, you will be responsible for ensuring that new features and patches meet functional specifications, successfully fulfill the targeted user need, are easy to use, and do not contain defects or cause regressions.
- Develop and maintain an in-depth knowledge of CentralSquare’s software products as well as customer workflow and software usage
- Work closely with product owners to interpret functional specifications for new features and understand overall vision and targeted user needs
- Plan test cases and perform manual testing of new features to ensure they meet specifications and do not contain defects or cause regressions; document defects and regressions and work closely with software engineers to facilitate resolution
- Analyze new features with consideration for consistency, usability, and fulfillment of targeted user needs; recommend and prioritize software changes
- Work closely with product support staff, product solutions architects, and engineers to investigate bugs reported by customers; test patches to ensure quick and thorough resolution
- Ensure quick turnaround times for testing and adhere to release and project schedules
- Proactively recommend and participate in QA process improvements including improving regression testing, automated testing, etc.
- Associate or Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in a technology-related field
- 3 - 5 years of experience in software design, development, or quality assurance, especially automated software testing
- Previous experience using Python, Postgres, Bash, Linux, SOAPUI, Jira, or Software Automation solutions such as Squish by Froglogic
- Exposure to Behavior Driven Testing, and the writing of BDD test cases
- Passion for serving those who serve us in the Public Safety sector
- Takes pride in own work, passionate about quality, assertive
- Highly analytical and detail-oriented
- Able to work and communicate effectively with a broad range of disciplines and personalities
- Ability to adapt quickly to changing business needs, maintaining a high degree of flexibility
- Ability and desire to learn new software programs, tools, and processes quickly
- Self-driven, able to estimate time needed to complete projects, plan and pace own work, but also able to work in a team environment
- Appreciation of a good “Dad Joke”!