Advanced | Product Management | ., England
Advanced are one of the UK’s largest software companies, developing a range of solutions covering the whole industry and delivering right, first-time solutions, which solve customer problems, save money and deliver significant impact to users’ lives. With more than 16,000 customers relying on our systems & infrastructure, our Product Owners’ help to make the complex simple, as we become one of the UK technology industry’s success stories. We’re growing fast and building an exciting future.
Our Development team play a vital role in driving our feature development and product innovation. Working across our various software products, our teams gain unique exposure within a challenging environment, are given full autonomy, working on the latest technologies.
The Product Owner will be part of the Education development team. Focus will be on the Progresso product. The role will take the strategic product roadmap for these products and expand it into a business solution design which the business analysis team will expand into user stories to develop.
This role will act as the point of authority for product design decisions, responsible for the quality of the business solution and its applicability to the user community in the targeted market sectors. This role is also responsible for the successful release to market of each product release.
This role works closely with product management and with the R&D team.
The role requires a high level of customer and market focus, commercial awareness, an ability to prioritise tasks and good communication skills. It requires day to day management of product issues, analysis of user requirements and development of product documentation.
The successful candidate must be able to effectively input to product development activities within an Agile development environment, rapidly assimilate information and translate complex requirements into business solutions. They will also have good presentation skills in order to be able to effectively demonstrate product features.
What you will be doing
- Responding to emerging roadmap and market requirements and identifying logical solutions to meet those requirements
- Responsible for the quality of the solution (in terms of its business applicability) and the successful release to market
- Act as the “product expert” both internally + externally
- Working closely with Business Analysts to create, manage and maintain a Backlog in JIRA, including User Stories and Acceptance criteria.
- Working closely with software development teams in an Agile environment to define priorities and manage issues to successful conclusion.
- Managing the release of new product features, working closely with Agile development teams to ensure timely release to high levels of quality
- Production of product specifications, release notes and product literature and collateral
- Work with a variety of internal and external stakeholders to:
- Create clearly defined requirements through rigorous investigation, analysis and review in order to define and clearly document business and user requirements
- Visit customers and market representatives/events to create, review, and challenge solution requirements
- Carry out fit and gap analysis of requirements vs. products to understand if standard products meet user needs or identify key opportunities through areas of product improvement
- Define and communicate logical solutions to meet market and customer requirements
- Work with Agile development teams to produce Proof of concept solutions where required
- Review customer requests for bespoke solutions to determine applicability to wider customer base
- Understand and resolve complex technical, strategic and business issues
- Attend customer briefings and presentations
What you will be good at
- Product Owner / Business Analyst experience
- Experience of using agile methodologies
- An ability to influence others regardless of position/seniority
- An analytical approach to problem solving
- Excellent people and collaboration skills
- Strong customer facing skills with the ability to represent the company in a confident and professional manner
- Communicate your own ideas effectively & assimilates those of colleagues and customers
- An aptitude for written communication and an ability to produce documentation with ease
What we would like you to have
- Experience of Management Information Systems (MIS) within the U.K school market place
- Communicate your own ideas effectively and assimilates those of colleagues and customers
- An appropriate degree and/or scrum certifications
- Work collaboratively with developers to achieve team delivery objectives
- Manage and prioritise workload including the ability to work to targets and tight timescales
- Deliver high quality documentation
- Experience working with Cloud/SaaS solutions
Reimagine your Future by Joining the Advanced Team
We hire for potential, and develop at pace.
Advanced are a different sort of employer. Recruiting people with potential, our focus is on what you might be capable of achieving. We look for aspiration and passionately believe that your individual personality and core strengths are what can make you right for us. We want you to learn, to discover, to experiment, to make a difference.
With a £250m turnover, 16,000 customers and 2,200 employees
we pride ourselves on delivering focused software solutions for the public
sector, enterprise commercial and health & care organisations that simplify
complex business challenges and deliver immediate value.
Some of our Key Benefits from day one are:
- Generous Annual Leave - 25 days annual leave plus localised public holidays, with the ability to buy additional days
- Advanced Perks At Work - Exclusive employee discount programme providing access to enhanced offers at high street retailers (including John Lewis, Tesco, Apple and Asos), discounted rates for cinema and theatre tickets, accommodation and travel bookings
- Stunning office locations across 5 key hubs
- Charity Fundraising - Proud to be a Patron of The Prince's Trust
- Dedicated talent development team to help your Advanced career progress
- Top Achievers Club – our internal award scheme recognising excellence in our Advanced colleagues
- Pension Scheme (up to 5% matched contribution)
- Life insurance x 4 times salary
- Income protection insurance
- Childcare voucher (salary sacrifice)
- Cycle to work scheme (salary sacrifice)
- Employee assistance programme
Why should you apply? Advanced are different – we hire for potential and develop at pace so if you can reimagine your future in a vibrant growing company we would like to hear from you. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to removing bias from the hiring process.
If your application is successful, you will initially be required to take an online assessment, undertake a telephone interview with the HR team and attend a final interview. Do not hesitate, apply now and a member of our in-house talent acquisition team will be in touch!