Advanced | Services - Project Management | Ashford, England
Advanced are one of the UK’s largest software companies, developing a range of solutions covering the whole industry and delivering right, first-time solutions, which solve customer problems, save money and deliver significant impact to users’ lives. With more than 16,000 customers relying on our systems & infrastructure, our Project Managers’ help to make the complex simple, as we become one of the UK technology industry’s success stories. We’re growing fast and building an exciting future.
This is a great chance for a Project Manager to join our Health & Care Professional Services team to champion delivering technical projects on time and within budget, live and breathe infrastructure automation, support cloud solutions and weave various services into compelling business systems for our customers.
The Professional Services team provide optimal value to the business by ensuring accuracy and diligence in all tasks undertaken, taking pride in the successful completion of work and ensuring the customers’ needs are at the forefront at all times.
Team & Role
- To ensure that Advanced projects are implemented to the customer’s satisfaction and fully meet the agreed scope, timescales, budget and objectives
- To be a dedicated point of contact for the customer within Advanced during the project’s lifespan
- To manage implementation budgets and report exceptions to the project board
- To ensure the project scope is maintained in line with the initial order, and to manage Change where the scope, budget or deliverables need to be modified
- To ensure regular reporting of project progress by updating the central Project Booking System – OpenAir.
- To ensure project budgetary forecasting is kept up to date and accurate
- To provide appropriate project documentation for each project as defined in the departmental procedures and protocols and ensure an ongoing adherence to company standards
- To concurrently manage several projects of varying sizes, whilst maintaining the quality of delivery
- Liaise with the appropriate colleagues as required to ensure that there is a comprehensive service to customers, including for example:
- Sales– attendance at Project initiation/closure meetings
- Technical Services – for equipment set up, installations, engineering resources, scheduled dates per phase, testing of connectivity links & firewalls
- Application Delivery Team – the supply of product key and the correct application version, set up/migration dates and compatibility issues with existing versions, operating system platform and data migrations
- Training / Consultancy Team – co-ordination of Business Consultancy discussions, application configuration, customer training and “go live” support
- Product Management – close liaison for when bringing a new product to market.
- Service Desk - for support issues during implementation, preparation and formal handover to Operations at project closure.
The ideal candidate will bring with them/be:
- Competiveness, goal oriented and able to drive projects forward, imparting a sense of urgency. An energetic and hard driving attitude is key
- The ability to be assertive and tough is a must, to be able to overcome objections/resistance and to be able to achieve goals in the face of obstacles
- Able to work well under pressure and enjoy meeting tight deadlines
- Able to make decisions on facts rather than emotions. In addition to this, being able to determine the best course of action by an analysis of the situation with respect to current procedures and past precedents
- An eye for detail
- Strong leadership, influencing, conflict management and negotiation abilities
- Self-confident and assured
- Ability to ensure that full ownership of tasks is managed.
- PRINCE2 Practitioner trained and current certification
- Experience of project managing the delivery of IT solutions to Health or Care providers
- Excellent inter-personal, oral and written communication skills
- Project Management and planning skills with the ability to manage multiple complex projects concurrently
- Financial acumen, to understand the Business’s and the Customer’s need for cost control and timely revenue recognition. Experience of forecasting and budget monitoring.
- Strong contract management experience
- Strong risk management skills and experience
- Experience of working in the Health and Care setting
- Agile Project Management skills/experience
- Awareness of current IT concepts and practices
- Microsoft Project trained
- Microsoft Visio trained
- Exposure or experience of managing integration projects
Reimagine your Future by Joining the Advanced Team
We hire for potential, and develop at pace.
Advanced are a different sort of employer. Recruiting people with potential, our focus is on what you might be capable of achieving. We look for aspiration and passionately believe that your individual personality and core strengths are what can make you right for us. We want you to learn, to discover, to experiment, to make a difference.
With a £250m turnover, 16,000 customers and 2,200 employees we pride
ourselves on delivering focused software solutions for the public
sector, enterprise commercial and health & care organisations that
simplify complex business challenges and deliver immediate value.
Some of our Key Benefits from day one are:
- Generous Annual Leave - 25 days annual leave plus localised public holidays, with the ability to buy additional days
- Stunning office locations across 5 key hubs
- Advanced Perks At Work - Exclusive employee discount programme providing access to enhanced offers at high street retailers (including John Lewis, Tesco, Apple and Asos), discounted rates for cinema and theatre tickets, accommodation and travel bookings
- Charity Fundraising - Proud to be a Patron of The Prince's Trust
- Dedicated talent development team to help your Advanced career progress
- Top Achievers Club – our internal award scheme recognising excellence in our Advanced colleagues
- Pension Scheme (up to 5% matched contribution)
- Life insurance - 4 times salary
- Income protection insurance
- Childcare voucher (salary sacrifice)
- Cycle to work scheme (salary sacrifice)
- Employee assistance programme
Why should you apply? Advanced are different – we hire for potential and develop at pace so if you can reimagine your future in a vibrant growing company we would like to hear from you. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to removing bias from the hiring process.
If your application is successful, you will initially be required to take an online assessment, undertake a telephone interview with the HR team and attend a final interview. Do not hesitate, apply now and a member of our in-house talent acquisition team will be in touch!